Sheffield's Mansions?

Moorhall lane Bolsterstone, quite a few million plus houses on there plus several in the village .

The North/South divide eh?

A mate of my brother's has just sold his gran's very dull, semi detached house in east London for £1.1 million! :rant:

The North/South divide eh?

A mate of my brother's has just sold his gran's very dull, semi detached house in east London for £1.1 million! :rant:

I've seen flats go for more on homes under the hammer ,got to feel sorry for the ordinary working people down there, rents of £1200 per month are common.

I've seen flats go for more on homes under the hammer ,got to feel sorry for the ordinary working people down there, rents of £1200 per month are common.

You pay that for a standard 3 bed in S10. £2000-£2500 is more London

The usual saying is that London prices per week are what the rest of the country would pay per month

Im happy with my Castle. :love:

Moorhall lane Bolsterstone, quite a few million plus houses on there plus several in the village .

Major house envy.

There's a new (built in the last 10 years) house overlooking Morehall reservoir, built in the style of a Victorian mansion. I'm intrigued as to who's had this built.

I can't think of another modern example of such a large house, built in such a grand style. Judging (from a distance) on the style, the materials and workmanship to build something like that wouldn't have come cheap. The landscaping alone is on a mind-boggling scale. And the views!

Back to dreaming of a lottery win...…...

I used to work there! Was there for about 11 years until 2003, my first office was the room with the bay window on the middle floor on the left hand side, the bar was on the ground floor directly below. Had some great days there which are fondly remembered, and some great nights as well particularly at the famous Christmas party.

It was owned by the Department for Education and used by the civil service as a residential training centre. The main hall still looks pretty much the same, as you'd expect, but the grounds are completely changed. There used to be two large training blocks a bit further down, including a cinema, and the residential area was at the bottom of the drive, all linked together by a covered walkway.

I expect the horrible old neighbour on Belgrave Road who used to complain about anything and everything is gone now!

Love to know the story behind this one- also out at More Hall reservoir..

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/More+Hall+Reservoir/@53.4562998,-1.5655508,141a,35y,1.58h,40.1t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x48797e8655c298e1:0x426eb6475bbfb70a!2sMore+Hall+Reservoir!3b1!8m2!3d53.4589015!4d-1.5756993!3m4!1s0x48797e8655c298e1:0x426eb6475bbfb70a!8m2!3d53.4589015!4d-1.5756993

---------- Post added 18-10-2018 at 10:47 ----------

Major house envy.

There's a new (built in the last 10 years) house overlooking Morehall reservoir, built in the style of a Victorian mansion. I'm intrigued as to who's had this built.

I can't think of another modern example of such a large house, built in such a grand style. Judging (from a distance) on the style, the materials and workmanship to build something like that wouldn't have come cheap. The landscaping alone is on a mind-boggling scale. And the views!

Back to dreaming of a lottery win...…...

This one?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/More+Hall+Reservoir/@53.4592669,-1.5702336,54a,35y,4.22h,60.22t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x48797e8655c298e1:0x426eb6475bbfb70a!2sMore+Hall+Reservoir!3b1!8m2!3d53.4589015!4d-1.5756993!3m4!1s0x48797e8655c298e1:0x426eb6475bbfb70a!8m2!3d53.4589015!4d-1.5756993

Love to know the story behind this one- also out at More Hall reservoir..

The link won't open but are you talking about the one at the east end of the reservoir at Ewden Beck?

The link won't open but are you talking about the one at the east end of the reservoir at Ewden Beck?

Hmmm works for me, but yes thats the one. Its a mahoooooooosive new build!

Works Ok for me...

Hmmm works for me, but yes thats the one. Its a mahoooooooosive new build!

Yes, I often cycle up that way (it is part of the Tour of the Strines Cycle Route) and when I saw the excavators there, I just assumed that it was some Yorkshire Water infrastructure project.