Stupidly loud fireworks - time to licence them?

The displays in the local parks used to be good, child friendly with a nice community vibe. Then they were stopped and replaced with After Dark- stuck out in a field in an industrial wasteland, security herding you around like cattle, 30 min bar and toilet queue, fenced 100m back from the fire, overpriced fairground rides and food stalls, shady characters looking to rob you, and your ears assulted by Our Tina & Bazza off of Pulse FM breakfast show and a boy band from 2011 X-Factor quarter finals. The fireworks are great but I'd rather not. So I go buy my own, possibly too powerful for the size of my garden but I love a good display!

It does seem a tad hypocritical for meat eaters to worry about the affect of fireworks on the well-being of animals.

I’m not a meat eater so do I have your permission to worry about the welfare of animals???

I assume nothing, merely putting a How strange!:suspect:
Edited by PRESLEY

I’m not a meat eater so do I have your permission to worry about the welfare of animals???

You assume im a meat eater. :roll:

Does nobody understand logic and how to apply it anymore?

If you want to hear a Real Bang..Join the Army..;)

Fireworks are nothing to be scared of...Trust me.!

---------- Post added 01-11-2018 at 20:33 ----------

Agreed.On many levels.

---------- Post added 01-11-2018 at 20:34 ----------

Agreed.On many levels. Some folks have Zero idea...!

i totally agree,these huge fireworks are two big for the gardens and should only be used at pyrotechnic events,that need to be free,otherwise some sections of society would be deprived the chance to see such great works of art that the firework producers achieve

Maybe some people have a bigger garden than you...

---------- Post added 02-11-2018 at 13:04 ----------

It does seem a tad hypocritical for meat eaters to worry about the affect of fireworks on the well-being of animals.

Does it?

Meat eaters can of course care about animal welfare, that's why free range meat is a thing.

Eating meat doesn't mean you want animals to suffer.

There is only one bang Im not in no rush to hear , thats the bang Trump causes when he blows the flippin world up. :help:

Ah, it's the time of year explosive devices are made readily available to complete morons and idiots......who often go on to injure themselves and others.

I'd probably be on the side of fireworks only being available in organised displays to be honest - a lot of people shouldn't be trusted with them.

I totally agree with you ,and i dont think it will be too long before they are banned to the public hopefully....Its getting out of hand..Its funny to hear the so called grown ups going on about the biggest bangs nearly peeing themselves with exitement.and bragging about the money they waste on them.

Bring on the ban for the sake of the poor animals and the neighbours that have to put up with the noise .Grow up for god sake.:rant:

I totally agree with you ,and i dont think it will be too long before they are banned to the public hopefully....Its getting out of hand..Its funny to hear the so called grown ups going on about the biggest bangs nearly peeing themselves with exitement.and bragging about the money they waste on them.

Bring on the ban for the sake of the poor animals and the neighbours that have to put up with the noise .Grow up for god sake.:rant:

Lets ban cats for the sake of the millions birds and small rodents they mutilate for pleasure every year.

Lets ban dogs for the diseases they can spread that causes blindness in children.

Lets ban rabbits & budgies for their own sake because its cruel to confine them to small cages for our amusement.

Lets ban the concept of Father Christmas because it trivialises the act of a stranger trespassing and lurking around in sleeping childrens rooms.

Etc etc