The Royal Family Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

I think megan has pulled the strings on this occasion. She now understands what it means to be a royal and what’s involved and is probably disillusioned with the reality.

I'm not having pop - I've seen this line of thinking all over social media. But I have to ask, how the **** do you know?

You could see for a while now that Harry & Megan haven’t been to happy and seeing he’s lived all his life in the royal  spotlight and is used to it that’s why I said Megan was probably pulling the strings on this occasion  because she isn’t and wants a quieter family life if that’s possible. But you are right I don’t know.

Edited by hobinfoot

27 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

You could see for a while now that Harry & Megan haven’t been to happy and seeing he’s lived all his life in the royal  spotlight and is used to it that’s why I said Megan was probably pulling the strings on this occasion  because she isn’t and wants a quieter family life if that’s possible. But you are right I don’t know.

If your next door neighbour was constantly sniping at your other half would you be happy or would you move?

34 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

If your next door neighbour was constantly sniping at your other half would you be happy or would you move?

She didn't  get bad media all of the time and that was her problem, she loved it when she was getting all the good write ups but when she put her foot in it which she often did and it was reported on then she didn't  like it.

Well being a celebrity has its  draw backs and so does belonging to the firm which she so badly wanted , now she wants it both ways but it's not workable.

Time to bow out for good.

14 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

She didn't  get bad media all of the time and that was her problem, she loved it when she was getting all the good write ups but when she put her foot in it which she often did and it was reported on then she didn't  like it.

Well being a celebrity has its  draw backs and so does belonging to the firm which she so badly wanted , now she wants it both ways but it's not workable.

Time to bow out for good.

Put her foot in it like how - how her eating avocados was literally supporting murderers? Do you think she just wanted to join the firm or maybe, just maybe she loves the guy?

Ithink they’d be quite happy to bow out for good!

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Put her foot in it like how - how her eating avocados was literally supporting murderers? Do you think she just wanted to join the firm or maybe, just maybe she loves the guy?

Ithink they’d be quite happy to bow out for good!

She loved him or the idea of having him before she ever met him, remember  the picture she had on her bedroom wall?  She knew her intentions well before she met him and he fell for it.

52 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

She loved him or the idea of having him before she ever met him, remember  the picture she had on her bedroom wall?  She knew her intentions well before she met him and he fell for it.

I’m not familiar with a teenage Meghan markle’s bedroom wall. 

3 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

I think megan has pulled the strings on this occasion. She now understands what it means to be a royal and what’s involved and is probably disillusioned with the reality.

....and according to one source, she's already on her way back to Canada!

You deal with the flack, Harry! I'm off!

Its so funny how people blame Megan. Like she has brainwashed him, a plan hatched in infancy. Proof?..check out her bedroom wall! Honestly..really?  I think what they did was a wise move and all the best to them 

Guest makapaka

I couldn’t care less what two people do who I don’t know.

If you are a taxpayer, you should care because their globe trotting will escalate security costs, not to mention the 2.4 million that was spent on renovation of their home which will now stand empty for six months of the year, maybe more.  If the example of Fergie is anything to go by they stand to make a lot of money in the USA. That would be at odds with their funded security costs.

Quote Jaffa1: 

She didn't  get bad media all of the time and that was her problem, she loved it when she was getting all the good write ups.....

That is largely true and she received a warm welcome  when she moved to the UK, particularly on her wedding day. On her official duties people seemed to be welcoming and accepting.  The negative reports since the marriage have been unfortunate but some of them have proved to be largely true.  This is not about the press or race - it is about a lady who is fundamentally unsuited to the royal life and a husband who doesn't want to do the job and who wants to please his wife. If their hearts are not in it then it is best that they leave so they have hopefully made the right decision.  However, there needs to be no ambiguity - they should be in or out of the Firm. If out, they should have their titles amended as has previously happened when people have left the royal family.

Edited by Jomie

12 hours ago, jaffa1 said:

I thought that was a rumour about Kate with William (since scotched)

Kate Middleton Had a Prince William Poster in Her Boarding School Dorm, According to One of the Girls Who Lived with Her

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/a26462037/kate-middleton-prince-william-poster-dorm-high-school/