The Royal Family Discussion Thread

Some of us didn't care for Diana and thought she was embarassing and a disgrace as a wife,mother and Princess.

I much prefer Camilla.

Some of us yeh! You can be counted on hand. :loopy:

I'm sure you must be right - as you've had to start with the insulting smilies.

(There was thread on here some years ago about her and there was more than me that didn't have a view through rose tinted glasses.)

I'm sure you must be right - as you've had to start with the insulting smilies.

(There was thread on here some years ago about her and there was more than me that didn't have a view through rose tinted glasses.)

I ended with a smilie actually. Reaction to your stupid post. Enough said and no Smilie.

---------- Post added 09-11-2018 at 14:36 ----------

I much prefer Camilla.

Yeh Gorgeous. :gag:

I ended with a smilie actually. Reaction to your stupid post. Enough said and no Smilie.

---------- Post added 09-11-2018 at 14:36 ----------

Yeh Gorgeous. :gag:

I can tell by your posting style you have already lost.

I can tell by your posting style you have already lost.

Lost.? Grow up.

Didn’t think Diana was as shy and innocent as she was made out to be. She had a few boy friends after her divorce but she was single then.

There was a story in the paper and a programme on TV saying after she was dumped by Oliver Hoare a married man she had an affair with, she made numerous malicious calls to him and his wife often from her car outside his house. I’m sure Hoares wife contacted the police in the end to stop her. She should have known how it feels when your husband is cheating on you but she did the same to another woman.

Charles and Diana were both victims. Charles was pushed into the marriage because of her purity. One thing he has done is to make sure his sons were allowed to marry for love and not convenience like he had to.

When Charles becomes King, Camilla will become queen consort and so she should.

I watched the Prince Charles programme last night, i dislike him even more. I was nearly sick when he gave that 'coquettish' simpering look, I don,t like Camilla either, though I hate the thought, reckon she will be Queen. I often wonder just WHAT William and Harry make of her.......I think Harry is closer to his father than William?

Some of us yeh! You can be counted on hand. :loopy:

Really? Not everyone is that gullable.

Demanding the royal heads on a plate after her drunk-drivera car accident?

Demanding that the queen show her public side during a period of grief?

Thousands on the streets wailing and balling over the death of someone they knew nothing about and wouldn't have looked at them twice if a camera wasnt there.

The nation's hysteria over her death was quite frankly embarrassing.

Sloaney Tart who bagged a Prince and who clearly had significant problems with her own emotions, attitude, and acceptance of what she was married into. She was not innocnet with the wandering eyes either and caused great embarrassment to the family because of her behaviour.

Yeah, she did a lot for charity - but so do lots of other Royals

Yeah, she was deemed more of a people person - but protocol had to be adhered to for others and its not so easy.

Yeah, she was a good mother - but so are millions of other mothers.

Yeah, Charles and Di were not a marraige made in heven - but neither are many others. Its human nature.

She was a fantastic minipulator of the press and knew exactly when to turn on the tears to get her way.

She gone and its over. Kate and Meghan are the new people's princesses.

It was not all about her.

Edited by ECCOnoob

To my knowledge the Royal family are a mixture of English, German, Greek, Scottish, and soon to be American (via Harry and Meaghan), a commendable background. There may even be some French or Spanish blood in there from centuries past, but we would need an expert Royalist to assist in this regard

There is normally a specific separation of powers between a Head of State and a Prime Minister, which allows both positions to participate in managing government without being overwhelmed. The Queen and her family carry many duties that a PM would have trouble fulfilling, and often, but not always, the Head of State's role is more ceremonial than political. Both the French and the Irish Republic have a head of state with split powers. I prefer the system.

---------- Post added 10-11-2018 at 00:08 ----------

[/color]

To my knowledge the Royal family are a mixture of English, German, Greek, Scottish, and soon to be American (via Harry and Meaghan), a commendable background. There may even be some French or Spanish blood in there from centuries past, but we would need an expert Royalist to assist in this regard

There is normally a specific separation of powers between a Head of State and a Prime Minister, which allows both positions to participate in managing government without being overwhelmed. The Queen and her family carry many duties that a PM would have trouble fulfilling, and often, but not always, the Head of State's role is more ceremonial than political. Both the French and the Irish Republic have a head of state with split powers. I prefer the system.

Quite so same mix as all of us, about time they lived of what they can, like most of us. Oh except there off springs get a f--k good retainer from birth and we winge about taking care of single parents.

Edited by phil752

I think Charles has been an excellent Prince of Wales. He wanted to make a difference and I think he has. His Prince's trust has done a lot of good work for the less advantaged and his other charity involvement has also shown him in a strong light. I like the fact that he has spoken out on topics close to his heart (though he won't be able to do that when monarch,) in fact he has managed to carve out a very positive role for himself through some very difficult times.

I neither liked nor disliked Diana, but her influence /legacy can be seen in her children, and the fact that they have been allowed to follow their hearts and marry where they will. Charles is obviously so much happier with Camilla, and I think he at least deserves that after what has been a fairly bleak existance in the relationship department. He will need her support to fulfill his role as King. If we have to have a monarch at all I don't think we could ask for a better one than Charles, I think he will make an excellent KIng.