The Royal Family Discussion Thread

36 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Rest in peace Queen Elizabeth ❤️

Edited by The_DADDY
  • Like 1

This lady came across as a hard working and dedicated person.

RIP

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delayed said:

I'm no royalist and certainly don't believe one should be born into that role but I don't think people should be celebrating her death. (And I know people will)

It's not that equivalent of Thatcher passing. (though I didn't condone that but understand the hate)

At the end of the day, people have lost a mother and grandmother etc. 

Essentially, she was raised in a cult, so I see her as a bit of a victim in a way, albeit a very rich one.

The Queen carried on doing her duty till the end as we saw on Tuesday.

RIP Elizabeth The Second.

Long live King Charles The Third.

Life is for the living; not sure I see the practical value in mourning the inevitable. We all die, it comes with the territory.

For the ones we love, our own close family members and friends, there’s a natural sadness for our loss.

For people we never knew though...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

The Queen carried on doing her duty till the end as we saw on Tuesday.

RIP Elizabeth The Second.

Long live King Charles The Third.

And Queen Camilla 

I'm a republican, I regard the monarchy as anachronistic, archaic nonsense which is divisive and perpetuates the snobbery and obsequence that is detrimental to this country.

Having said which, I have respect for the way that the lady carried out her duties as she saw them. A dislike and lack of respect for the institution does not have to include a dislike of the people involved ( with one obvious exception ) I hope she passed peacefully with her family around her.

Now would be the right time to bring this outdated circus to an end. Finish on a high note with a lady who did her best. That will not happen of course, we will be treat to an ongoing farrago which will result in embarrassment to the country.

The royal family provide similar entertainment to other countries to that provided by the Kardashians and other people famous for being famous with little else to commend them.

Despite which. R I P Elizabeth.

• Like 1

I really hope that the more venal sections of the press don't use this as an opportunity to encourage their readers to hate on Harry and his wife.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, L00b said:

Heartfelt condolences to you all, on the passing of your Queen.

Regardless of how anyone feels about monarchy, about inherited wealth and status, about the UK…

…no one should ever be able to deny or talk down the sheer dignity, the unequalled sense of duty, and the steadfast dedication to her people, with which Elizabeth carried her role, for so long.

Today is a sad, sad day.

For once , please accept this :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1