The Royal Family Discussion Thread

On 03/06/2022 at 22:32, hackey lad said:

No you didn’t have to watch it . You know why the Queen was a no show . Why comment if you don’t like it all 

Why shouldn't she comment. Not everyone is taken in by this repugnant family.

There's enough blind sycophantic support on here. If you need someone to adore, why not choose someone inspirational? Someone who has achieved more than just being born.

14 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

To be fair I feel sorry for the Queen with what she has to put up with,  Phillips womanising, the Charles and Di divorce episode, Edward giving up the Marines training to become a Ballerina and of course not to forget Andrew the Perv.  If that lot followed Harry and dissapeared to live in America and William to become King then you would not here speak of the Embarrasing lot again, and I would be a Royalist. 

👍

1 hour ago, blackydog said:

There's enough blind sycophantic support on here. If you need someone to adore, why not choose someone inspirational? Someone who has achieved more than just being born.

Who or which institution would you recommend ?

48 minutes ago, blackydog said:

Lots of celebs out there who are famous for being famous and little else.

Presenters, actors, and assorted others famous for other things, like Jordan and in ealier days Samatha. 

To each his/her own?

24 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Who or which institution would you recommend ?

He has a point.

Many great people have admirable qualities, ones they have strived and worked for over time. Great men and women are self-so, self-made, without being gifted privilege from birth on a silver platter.

Generally though, I think the kind of people we idolise and admire in life, says more about ourselves than anything else.

2 hours ago, West 77 said:

I wish you good health and hope you're around for William's Coronation.  I also hope the Queen still has many years left as our monarch and King Charles III has a decent amount of time as our monarch.

Slight disagreement ref Charles, he will get to be king by birth right but run a poll on here and you will see he and Camilla are not the peoples choice, now William on the other hand who has not put a foot wrong and his behavour is impeckable, he is a real credit to his mother.  So my comprimise is, if we have to have Royal family, lets have a Royal,  deserving of being a king but being honest, if or when a vote for a republic, I will vote for. That is definate.

3 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Slight disagreement ref Charles, he will get to be king by birth right but run a poll on here and you will see he and Camilla are not the peoples choice,

He may not be the peoples choice on here or elsewhere but that may just be an advantage. He could be King for 20 years or so if his parents longevity are to go by and in that time it deprives those smarmy pair William and Kate from getting in. It may also have a lasting detrimental effect on the need for royalty also as 20 years of Charle is a long time.:)

4 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

He may not be the peoples choice on here or elsewhere but that may just be an advantage. He could be King for 20 years or so if his parents longevity are to go by and in that time it deprives those smarmy pair William and Kate from getting in. It may also have a lasting detrimental effect on the need for royalty also as 20 years of Charle is a long time.:)

A forum poll would obviously be a smaller scale but an indication of a larger scale poll if you know what I mean,  I reckon Charles reign could throw a spanner in the Royal works, in my eyes he would be and always be a Squatter.

Just now, PRESLEY said:

A forum poll would obviously be a smaller scale but an indication of a larger scale poll if you know what I mean,  I reckon Charles reign could throw a spanner in the Royal works, in my eyes he would be and always be a Squatter.

I doubt a forum poll in Sheffield would find much support for the Royalty.

But it was a nice change to see folks out in crowds supporting them. Street parties and smiling faces. Every body having a good time, and no rioting, arson, looting you get from most street mobs/crowds.

Quite civilized, I thought!   :)

On 03/06/2022 at 19:04, Anna B said:

That's the media for you. It looks like everyone is celebrating. But I've been out and about this afternoon and can honestly say that there hasn't been a sign of any celebrating in my neck of the woods. 

A few decorated houses in my neck of the woods, however mainly those that are decorated for any excuse.

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Slight disagreement ref Charles, he will get to be king by birth right but run a poll on here and you will see he and Camilla are not the peoples choice, now William on the other hand who has not put a foot wrong and his behavour is impeckable, he is a real credit to his mother.  So my comprimise is, if we have to have Royal family, lets have a Royal,  deserving of being a king but being honest, if or when a vote for a republic, I will vote for. That is definate.

Excellent piece PRESLEY.

The Charlie boy and Camila, Charlie boy and Diana and Charlie boy and Camila yet again, debacle, did nothing for the Royal family.

A young woman and mother lost her life just so charlie boy could get his wish to be a Tampax  inside his old flame .

(How embarrassing was that tape?)

Camila, someone who would have gone on to be by his side rightfully had Charlie not thought he could take a young lass  (something his brother Andrew nearly got taken through the courts for :blush:) mould her into someone who kept 10 paces behind him at all times, while he continued seeing Camila didn't work.

Diana was no fool, manipulative maybe (and for good reason).

Step aside Charlie and Camila, any right to be King and Queen were soured years ago.

Let a Younger less fuddy-duddy generation of the Monarchy through.

(Can't agree over a republic rather than a Monarchy thing but,  that's the great thing about this country)

(On the other hand :suspect: I'm surprised William and Harry never walked away from Charlie and their usurper Mother years ago)

Keep safe 8) .

How happy did William and Kates kid look? 

35 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Excellent piece PRESLEY.

The Charlie boy and Camila, Charlie boy and Diana and Charlie boy and Camila yet again, debacle, did nothing for the Royal family.

A young woman and mother lost her life just so charlie boy could get his wish to be a Tampax  inside his old flame .

(How embarrassing was that tape?)

Camila, someone who would have gone on to be by his side rightfully had Charlie not thought he could take a young lass  (something his brother Andrew nearly got taken through the courts for :blush:) mould her into someone who kept 10 paces behind him at all times, while he continued seeing Camila didn't work.

Diana was no fool, manipulative maybe (and for good reason).

Step aside Charlie and Camila, any right to be King and Queen were soured years ago.

Let a Younger less fuddy-duddy generation of the Monarchy through.

(Can't agree over a republic rather than a Monarchy thing but,  that's the great thing about this country)

(On the other hand :suspect: I'm surprised William and Harry never walked away from Charlie and their usurper Mother years ago)

Keep safe 8) .

How happy did William and Kates kid look? 

No, a young woman and mother lost her life because she was living it up around Paris and was escaping the Press she courtered by jumping into  a car with an (albeit unknown) drunk driver.

A car crash in the tunnel being controlled by a drunk chauffeur is what killed Diana. That's it. Take the tin foil hat off.

Charles may have been having an affair with his old flame, but let's not make out that she was Mrs Innocent. *cough ginger harry*.  I certainly never bought into the 'people's princess' nonsense. They all have their elements of philanthropy, patriotism and charity work. She was not alone in that, she just was better at manipulating the tablpid press to make her look good and all the others look like terrible establishment bullies.

Don't be fooled by it. She was a Sloaney through and through. She was just as establishment as they were. She was well and truly within the County Set and if not bagging a Royal it woulf have been somebody on similar levels and standing. Just because they are very posh dining at Langhams Brasserie and shopping in Peter Jones doesn't mean they can't shag around and do the mating dance any less than Tracy the Tart from Essex.

Edited by ECCOnoob