The Royal Family Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, blackydog said:

Oh sorry, you're not human. Forgive me, easy mistake to make. 

Nah, I'm just a Sheffield lad who grew up in a Heeley slum. Bedbugs, cockroaches and head lice from the connecting attics and cellars.

Went out into the World to find out why some people lived in luxury, and others were content to stay where their "betters", would have them stay. Who got to dole out the good things in life, and why should they have that power?

Found success beyond my dreams. Gave it all away twice. Money is not happiness. Looked all over for a place to find harmony, peace and happy faces, in my modest retirement..

Turns out it was in a "poor" country, but because I never lost my Sheffield common touch, I fit right in.

As my brother Roy, said, first time he visited me, "Never have I seen people with so little, give so much".

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 1

It was nice seeing the Queen on the balcony after the parade on Sunday with her three heirs by her side.

Long live the Queen.

11 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

It was nice seeing the Queen on the balcony after the parade on Sunday with her three heirs by her side.

Long live the Queen.

:thumbsup:

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Long live the Queen.

Why?

7 hours ago, makapaka said:

Why?

Easy answer.

See the source image

Ignoring pillocks for 70 years. 

13 hours ago, trastrick said:

Nah, I'm just a Sheffield lad who grew up in a Heeley slum. Bedbugs, cockroaches and head lice from the connecting attics and cellars.

Went out into the World to find out why some people lived in luxury, and others were content to stay where their "betters", would have them stay. Who got to dole out the good things in life, and why should they have that power?

Found success beyond my dreams. Gave it all away twice. Money is not happiness. Looked all over for a place to find harmony, peace and happy faces, in my modest retirement..

Turns out it was in a "poor" country, but because I never lost my Sheffield common touch, I fit right in.

As my brother Roy, said, first time he visited me, "Never have I seen people with so little, give so much".

A bit lie the street dwellers in Sheffield they seem to share their meagre bits and pieces with each other as far as I can see observing from a bench on the Moor .

1 hour ago, Rockers rule said:

Easy answer.

See the source image

Ignoring pillocks for 70 years. 

Ignoring pillocks but happy to bail out alleged nonces.

Do you actually have any good reasons for fawning over royalty?

9 hours ago, makapaka said:

Why?

You don’t support the monarchy and you’re entitled to your opinions about them. I do, therefore for me that was their future standing on the balcony. 

15 hours ago, trastrick said:

I’m off topic now trastrick, but I think you should go onto the history and expats thread and write about your life.  I love to read the stories from expats, yours could be very interesting.

1 hour ago, blackydog said:

Ignoring pillocks but happy to bail out alleged nonces.

Do you actually have any good reasons for fawning over royalty?

The post was.

'Long live the Queen'

Makapaka's reply was 'Why'.

If you think the Queen shouldn't live any longer :huh:

I'm sure we'd all like to understand you and Maka's reasoning.

Till then keep safe 8) .

8 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

The post was.

'Long live the Queen'

Makapaka's reply was 'Why'.

If you think the Queen shouldn't live any longer :huh:

I'm sure we'd all like to understand you and Maka's reasoning.

Till then keep safe 8) .

Don't think this is the first time I have asked you, and you still haven't offered an answer as to why you love royalty so much. Your choice of course whether you answer, but as it stands it appears you don't have any reasons.

I, on the other hand have given numerous reasons, as to why I think the monarchy should be abolished.  

I don't wish death on the queen but when it does happen, I will see it as the sad death of a person, no more.

3 minutes ago, blackydog said:

Don't think this is the first time I have asked you, and you still haven't offered an answer as to why you love royalty so much. Your choice of course whether you answer, but as it stands it appears you don't have any reasons.

I, on the other hand have given numerous reasons, as to why I think the monarchy should be abolished.  

I don't wish death on the queen but when it does happen, I will see it as the sad death of a person, no more.

Keep 🎣