The Royal Family Discussion Thread

I thought the little Paddington film was sweet and very well done.

And this video of the youngest of William and Kate's kids being a horrible brat was a highlight:

TELEMMGLPICT000298694102_trans_NvBQzQNjv

TELEMMGLPICT000298691092_trans_NvBQzQNjv

Fantastic few days and seen the world over . If there is a better country on this planet than ours , then I have yet to see it . God save the Queen 

• Thanks 1

On 03/06/2022 at 22:38, PRESLEY said:

Yes how boring and complete self indulgence,  the penny just doesn't drop with these people they  spend time with the  boring circle in their own out of touch bubble they live in, they  could have gone   not too  far away to street parties ect and mixed with the people who made the effort to support them but no! They insist on keeping well away from us Peasents,  thats why I don't give a toss about them because they don't give a toss about us in the real world.

On 03/06/2022 at 22:23, Anna B said:

No, sadly Jeremy forgot to post my invite, so I had to watch a bit of that dirge and drivel that was the Service of Thanksgiving for the Queen.

Is it just me, that thinks it represented everything that's wrong with the Church of England? Slow, miserable, long-winded and pompous; that parade alone of the church worthies in their finest went on forever.  What church needs that many chiefs when it's got hardly any Indians. I turned it off after half an hour, it just made me want to slit my wrists.

Where was the joy, the feeling of commmunity and coming together, something to lift the spirits? No wonder the Queen did a no show. The woman has some sense; probably sat at home with a gin and tonic happilly watching the racing;...  

“Anna B”...

Well said the Church of E are so out of touch and have been for decades that Welby fellow gives me the creeps to say the least saying that all Oil men do !!!...

Regarding street parties I live on a brand new estate and no one got together to put on a street party no one no flags nothing...

I was 7 years old back in 1977 and the Silver Jubilee as a kid was fantastic everyone was in great spirits sausage rolls ham and cheese sandwiches butterfly buns jelly and ice cream games of plenty tug of war sack race egg and spoon race and good old food fights basically a fantastic day and if you took part you will I’m sure remember it....

Sadly things change !!!!...

Ref street parties.

I think the generation before us were more used to doing and organising things whereas we just sit and watch on TVwhat others have done.

On a side note , I never knew Prince Harry could play the guitar  😁

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

No, a young woman and mother lost her life because she was living it up around Paris

I always say to people when they go to Paris - don’t be living it up or you’ll end up dead……

this whole post reads like some deranged rant in support of the “good” royals. 

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

I always say to people when they go to Paris - don’t be living it up or you’ll end up dead……

I usually say to people  , dont get in a car with a drunk driver 

Guest makapaka
33 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I usually say to people  , dont get in a car with a drunk driver 

More victim blaming. Excellent.

2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

More victim blaming. Excellent.

Who is to blame for her death ?

50 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Not really.  I have no issues with the monarchy  but I'm hardly showing derranged support for them either.  I was not exactly a massive fan of Diana but didn't want to see her dead either....     

What I am doing is strongly countering the seemingly frequent attempts to portray Diana as if she was this sweet, angelic, wholly innocent person who was continually bullied, played upon and ill-treated by her evil husband and the rest of the nasty royal family. 

I am countering this nonsense that she was the victim who was plagued by the paparazzi and singled out despite the fact that she very obviously and manipulatively courted such attention and used it very much for her advantage when it's suited to her.  

I am also simply countering these ludicrous theories and conspiracies that somehow she was murdered at the hands of senior roles when it was very clear her death was caused by a drunk driver.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Guest makapaka
7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Who is to blame for her death ?

What you asking me for - living it up in Paris apparently?

3 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Not really.  I have no issues with the monarchy but I'm hardly showing derranged support for them either....     

What I am doing is strongly countering  attempts to portray Diana as if she was this sweets, angelic, wholly innocent person who wa continually bullied, played upon and ill-treated by her evil husband and the rest of the nasty royal family. 

I am countering this nonsense that she was the victim who was plagued by the paparazzi and singled out despite the fact that she very obviously and manipulatively courted such a attention and used it very much for her advantage when it's suited to her. 

I am also simply countering these Ludacris theories and conspiracies that somehow she was murdered at the hands of senior roles when it was very clear her death was caused by a drunk driver.

I don’t care either way - but am interested how you have such an insight.

where are you getting your information from?

is it the same place from which you  form your judgement on the rest of the royal family?

Edited by makapaka

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

What you asking me for - living it up in Paris apparently?

Another question on yet another thread  avoided