The Royal Family Discussion Thread

After a lengthy investigation by the Metropolitan Police it has been decided there is no further action to be taken regarding the allegations made against Prince Andrew.

10 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

After a lengthy investigation by the Metropolitan Police it has been decided there is no further action to be taken regarding the allegations made against Prince Andrew.

“Surprise Surprise” !!!!!......

5 minutes ago, Box11 said:

Facts and evidence rather than speculation and sensationalism will have decided the outcome of the investigation surely.

I wonder how many posts there would have been on here  if charges were to be brought ?

3 hours ago, harvey19 said:

Facts and evidence rather than speculation and sensationalism will have decided the outcome of the investigation surely.

Just like the facts and evidence over the years which were ignored by the police regarding Saville?  

3 hours ago, Box11 said:

I'm sure Andy is very relieved. I bet the poor blokes been sweating buckets worrying about all this. 

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Just like the facts and evidence over the years which were ignored by the police regarding Saville?  

Was an investigation into allegations against Jimmy Saville made before he died and were allegations made officially before his death ?

As a fervent anti royalist I attempt to ensure that my judgments are not prejudiced by my condemnation of them. I ask myself if I were accused of raping this woman, would I have been exonerated so easily?

44 minutes ago, crookesey said:

As a fervent anti royalist I attempt to ensure that my judgments are not prejudiced by my condemnation of them. I ask myself if I were accused of raping this woman, would I have been exonerated so easily?

Has he been exonerated easily ?

2 minutes ago, harvey19 said:
50 minutes ago, crookesey said:

He hasn't been exonerated, at least not if by exonerated you mean that Andrew has been "found to be innocent". The police does not go around proving people are innocent. The police aims to get convictions. If that does not seem possible/ probable then they stop investigating. It's not what they know it's what they can prove ... or not.

6 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I reckon that he knew nothing would actually happen to him, other than the publicity.

I've seen a tv story this morning that Prince Harry has stated that if you're work is making you unhappy, pack your job in.  It's just as simple as that, isn't it? 

Well it is if you've several millions in the bank to tied you over or a multi million dollar deal with Netflix, until you find something else. 

His wife, Meghan was heard to comment, "What's a job?"