The Royal Family Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Well I’m not going to argue that you are a dumbass moron, you said it not me. However some of your posts are educational and enjoyable to read, not all.

If you look at post 556 and 558, and I suspect you already have,  You will realise that we have already agreed that Rule Britannia wouldn’t be suitable for a National Anthem.  

I’m hoping it stays as it is with a slight change when the Queen dies. If in the future the powers above decide to change it, I agree with Baron99 of having music only, we can all put our hand on our heart  just like the Americans do when it is being played. 

You may be right about it being music only, but doesn't that speak sadly of the times when people will find offence in almost any words?  Surely we could come up with something.

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

You may be right about it being music only, but doesn't that speak sadly of the times when people will find offence in almost any words?  Surely we could come up with something.

I agree with you when you say people will find offence in almost any word.   One of the reasons I thought it was a good idea when Baron99 suggested music only and no words so there is less chance of offending someone.  Although I still wouldn’t rule it out with only music.

I’m hoping the Royal Family will continue to exist for many years so I’m not going to worry about an new national anthem.

I know your not a Royalist but am I right in thinking you have a soft spot for the Queen?

20 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I agree with you when you say people will find offence in almost any word.   One of the reasons I thought it was a good idea when Baron99 suggested music only and no words so there is less chance of offending someone.  Although I still wouldn’t rule it out with only music.

I’m hoping the Royal Family will continue to exist for many years so I’m not going to worry about an new national anthem.

I know your not a Royalist but am I right in thinking you have a soft spot for the Queen?

Well there's no doubt she's done her duty diligently for a long time, and it can't have been easy considering how things have changed over the years so she deserves credit and respect for that. I think she's been a steady and stablising influence for Britain and the commonwealth, but even the commonwealth she's tried so long to protect is now a controversial idea.

I wouldn't like to see everything she's dedicated her life to ripped up before her eyes, but maybe when she's gone it would be time for change.

I'm not a monarchist because I believe it is the root cause of class division in this country which is bred into the system, and that leads inevitably to deep historical inequalities throughout society. 

But that's just my opinion.

Edited by Anna B

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Well there's no doubt she's done her duty diligently for a long time, and it can't have been easy considering how things have changed over the years so she deserves credit and respect for that. I think she's been a steady and stablising influence for Britain and the commonwealth, but even the commonwealth she's tried so long to protect is now a controversial idea.

I wouldn't like to see everything she's dedicated her life to ripped up before her eyes, but maybe when she's gone it would be time for change.

I'm not a monarchist because I believe it is the root cause of class division in this country which is bred into the system, and that leads inevitably to deep historical inequalities throughout society. 

But that's just my opinion.

I enjoyed reading this.  It was a nice sensible answer.

On 15/10/2018 at 22:13, nikki-red said:

The Royal Family costs each British taxpayer 69p per year (or did last year anyway).

Whether they like it or not.

On 08/01/2020 at 21:51, Delphene said:

Well the balloon has finally gone up ! Meghan Markle has finally devided and conquered the royal family. Her selfish actions and desires has been just like a wrecking ball, since she married Prince Harry. He's really under the thumb, and probably terrified she will leave him ! I think  behind all her sincerity and smiles, she is self speaking and manipulative. I feel so sorry for Harry, when he comes out of his dream state, he will curse the day he met her. No doubt another baby will come into the picture, and complete her final leverage. They say love is blind, so true, but one day Harry will come to the realisation what a prize mess he's landed himself in. I feel sorry for our beautiful Queen, she doesn't need anymore heartache after the Prince Andrew shame. Well Meghan will have a long term meal ticket, that's for sure. My terminology for her would be the destroyer, Piers Morgan was correct about Meghan all along. Wallis Simpson, American sound familiar? It will not end well, and Harry will end up devastated and heartbroken.

Doing a good job agent Meghan. Keep it up.

So having blamed dad, his brother, sister-in-law, its now time to blame granny. 

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/meghan-markle-prince-harry-feel-palace-didnt-take-ownership-of-oprah-interview-allegations/news-story/f52e42682f3d38f9d770a3e5d696a72c

Let's face it, both Harry & Meghan are 'woked' up to the eyeballs when it suits them & a massive pair of whingers when it doesn't.  What's the favourite saying of woke folk?  "I'm going to call you out." 

Let's remember these racism allegations go back a few years, so the pair of them had ample opportunity to 'take ownership' of their own issue & deal with it head on.  Even when given the opportunity to name the individual or individuals who allegedly made racist comments, during the Oprah Winfrey interview, they refused to name, names.   What a perfect opportunity to 'call them out'.

If a 30 odd year old man with millions in the bank & endless resources at his disposal can't sort his own problems out, its time for him to shut up & enjoy the 'quiet & private' life he craves for his family - as he keeps telling the world in an endless round of highly lucrative media interviews & social media posts. 

Edited by Baron99

Harry has become such a simp since marrying MEgan. I'm not a royalist by any means but come on, his poor gran is still mourning the death of her husband and this pair won't stop causing trouble. Not bad for a couple who bleated about wanting privacy.. 

Someone should tell his dad to have a word. 

Has anyone got James Hewitts phone number🤔? 

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Harry has become such a simp since marrying MEgan. I'm not a royalist by any means but come on, his poor gran is still mourning the death of her husband and this pair won't stop causing trouble. Not bad for a couple who bleated about wanting privacy.. 

His dad his Prince Charles.

He can't help looking like James Hewitts double ?

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Brilliant !!!!...😃

Edited by Box11

Prince Hypocrite of Sussex on the move.  Not a peep about worrying about the environment from his equally hypocrital wife, Meghan. 

Just three months after lecturing the world on climate change, the double-talking dilettante opted to take a private jet home from his charity polo event in Aspen last week, rather than fly with the hoi polloi on the two-hour flight home to his mansion in Montecito, California.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/21/prince-harry-flies-private-jet-home-from-polo-match/amp/#aoh=16295899812234&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

He's probably going to blame me this time?  He's already used up close family members. 

Edited by Baron99

28 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Prince Hypocrite of Sussex on the move.  Not a peep about worrying about the environment from his equally hypocrital wife, Meghan. 

Just three months after lecturing the world on climate change, the double-talking dilettante opted to take a private jet home from his charity polo event in Aspen last week, rather than fly with the hoi polloi on the two-hour flight home to his mansion in Montecito, California.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/21/prince-harry-flies-private-jet-home-from-polo-match/amp/#aoh=16295899812234&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

He's probably going to blame me this time?  He's already used up close family members. 

No that’ll be me he’ll blame....

They are both a joke in everything they do total hypocrites !!!!....

What’s happened to them wanting the quiet life away from the media limelight !!..

Edited by Box11