The Royal Family Discussion Thread

Diane use to phone the press to let them know where she was going to be on certain days, then when the paparazzi turned up to get their photos of her she would put on her distraught act.   

On 05/02/2020 at 16:11, pattricia said:

.................................................... I mean Kate never moans does she ?

She leaves it up to the Palace Press Office to organise her exposure to the media. They run a tight ship and Kate never (so far) steps out of line. She keeps her mouth shut and smiles sweetly for the cameras. 

On 20/07/2020 at 09:25, Flanker7 said:

She leaves it up to the Palace Press Office to organise her exposure to the media. They run a tight ship and Kate never (so far) steps out of line. She keeps her mouth shut and smiles sweetly for the cameras. 

Well, she worked hard to get her position.

On 20/07/2020 at 09:25, Flanker7 said:

Meghan won't keep her mouth shut though. 

She thought being in the Royal Family was a platform for her views. Someone should have told her it was exactly the opposite and she would never be able to have her opinions aired in public again.

Edited by Anna B

1 hour ago, Arnold_Lane said:

More likely Netflix.

I doubt it's from either as Harry is very rich anyway and received around an estimated £10 million in Diana's will.

I get the point but in their fantasyland 10 million doesn't go very far. 

In fact when trying to desprately keep up appearances with their celebrity neighbours and "friends" it's pocket change. 

They could blow that paying costs on one of their many fail court cases they seem to be contiuously bringing.

The pair of them are a toxic combination with no grounding and now no solid institution to actually keep them straight.

He is the ultimate sloaney privileged spoilt toff with desprate embarrassing streak of immature 'rebellion' who thinks that he can do what he likes and say what he wants at the click of his fingers.

She is the the deluded low-level Hollywood actress filled with all the ego and and self importance that LA thrives on. Add on that she appears to have very little in the way of of solid upbringing and a family unit in chaos which makes her feel the world revolves around her.

It's all just ripe for a catastrophic downfall and it really wouldn't surprise me if they become the subject of one of these tradegy documentaries in a few years time.

Just exactly like Diana , which so called grieving harry seems more than happy to exploit for bankroll, they all thrived, milked and manipulated press attention when it suits them and paid enough.  As soon as they report negatively its suddenly all tears, tantrums, threats and lawsuits. Can't have it both ways children.   

If you want the fame, influence, wealth and power of being in the limelight you put with the press good and bad.   Simple as that.   

These two need to learn that pretty quick or find something else outside of the limelight and more dignified to do for a living.

Edited by ECCOnoob

On 19/07/2020 at 09:41, hauxwell said:

Diane use to phone the press to let them know where she was going to be on certain days, then when the paparazzi turned up to get their photos of her she would put on her distraught act.   

Don't believe all you read in the Tabloids,  watch out Paul Burrels about.  :roll:

17 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

I get the point but in their fantasyland 10 million doesn't go very far. 

In fact when trying to desprately keep up appearances with their celebrity neighbours and "friends" it's pocket change. 

They could blow that paying costs on one of their many fail court cases they seem to be contiuously bringing.

The pair of them are a toxic combination with no grounding and now no solid institution to actually keep them straight.

He is the ultimate sloaney privileged spoilt toff with desprate embarrassing streak of immature 'rebellion' who thinks that he can do what he likes and say what he wants at the click of his fingers.

She is the the deluded low-level Hollywood actress filled with all the ego and and self importance that LA thrives on. Add on that she appears to have very little in the way of of solid upbringing and a family unit in chaos which makes her feel the world revolves around her.

It's all just ripe for a catastrophic downfall and it really wouldn't surprise me if they become the subject of one of these tradegy documentaries in a few years time.

Just exactly like Diana , which so called grieving harry seems more than happy to exploit for bankroll, they all thrived, milked and manipulated press attention when it suits them and paid enough.  As soon as they report negatively its suddenly all tears, tantrums, threats and lawsuits. Can't have it both ways children.   

If you want the fame, influence, wealth and power of being in the limelight you put with the press good and bad.   Simple as that.   

These two need to learn that pretty quick or find something else outside of the limelight and more dignified to do for a living.

Spot on, he has given her the platform to give opinions on anything she wants and the press lap it up, they want no publicity but crave it at the same time

I also think ECCOnoob is spot on.  To think I had high hopes for these two when they first got married.  Also I agree with pintor she has been given a platform to voice her opinion now she is a member of the Royal Family.

It wouldn’t surprise me, sometime in the future, as some are predicting she sets her sights on becoming the President of America.

Edited by hauxwell

<removed>

Edited by Waldo