The Royal Family Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, El Cid said:

The USA woman charged with causing the death of teenage motorcyclist Harry Dunn by dangerous driving is not facing  extradition; maybe we should do a trade?

We should certainly reciprocate on extradition with the US. Slightly conflicted though, as I'd be happy to give the US a 'freebie' with Andrew (ship him off. I'll pay postage, third class).

Edited by Waldo

Just wish the media would stop compairing Harry and Meghan with Edward and Mrs Simpson. Edward was a King and he abdicated not some jumped up Prince going nowhere, well apart from Canada with a second rate actress only known for one TV series.  :roll:

Reading today in the "i" newspaper that a poll of Canadians, states that 77% of them think that that Canadian taxpayers shouldn't be responsible for picking up any security bill for the Duke & Duchess of Sussex, while they live in Canada. 

And why should they? 

But then again, why should the the UK taxpayers pick up the tab when they decide to live outside the UK, especially when they are already wealthy in their own right? 

We could say, that while you are residents within the boundaries of your 'cottage' in Windsor Castle, it's much easier & cheaper to protect you than if you're living abroad. 

You're decision to live abroad, you, your families, pick up the bill. 

Edited by Baron99

I can understand in a way why they wanted to “ opt out “ . He had seen his mother pursued by the press for most of her time , while being married to Charles, and he could see it all happening again with Megan. On the other hand that is what they take on with the job. I mean Kate never moans does she ?

2 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I can understand in a way why they wanted to “ opt out “ . He had seen his mother pursued by the press for most of her time , while being married to Charles, and he could see it all happening again with Megan. On the other hand that is what they take on with the job. I mean Kate never moans does she ?

Out of the current crop of Royals, the only one, (if it ever happened in some strange situation), that I could say I could sit down & have a pint & conversation with would have been Harry but now he just comes across as a bit of of a whinger, despite all his wealth & privilege. 

Let's face it, him & his wife could drop out of all public duties for the rest of their natural lives & spend the next 60 to 70 years on endless partying if they wanted to.

As far as I'm concerned, they & the rest of the minor Royals only get involved in 'issues' to keep themselves in the news & thereby justifying that they are `working'  for 'UK plc', & therefore entitled to be salaried by the UK tax payers.?

17 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Out of the current crop of Royals, the only one, (if it ever happened in some strange situation), that I could say I could sit down & have a pint & conversation with would have been Harry but now he just comes across as a bit of of a whinger, despite all his wealth & privilege. 

Yes, I thought so with this too:

Duke of Sussex loses press complaint over wildlife photos

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51316000

11 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Yes, I thought so with this too:

Duke of Sussex loses press complaint over wildlife photos

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51316000

Harry is now under Meghans thumb/spell, oh what love can do.

Harry was not happy with the impact of being a Royal long before Megan. Look at his responses to reporting of his student antics and withdrawal from Afghanistan after security breaches. He blames the press for hounding his mother, he might have a point, but there again both his parents used the press to their advantage during the breakdown of their marriage. They’ve made the decision to make their own way in the world and no doubt will be very successful so should pay for their own security. Apparently not happy can’t use HRH for publicity and Harry losing ceremonial armed forces positions 

Randy Andy will probably be rediscovering his sweat glands now that Ms Maxwell has been arrested and charged.  She has the power to name names, dates, places.  Especially if she's offered a "deal" for a lenient sentence.

Edited by steved32
Typo

1 hour ago, steved32 said:

Randy Andy will probably be rediscovering his sweat glands now that Ms Maxwell has been arrested and charged.  She has the power to name names, dates, places.  Especially if she's offered a "deal" for a lenient sentence.

I do hope so.

Not a Royalist, by a country mile. The whole premise of that amount of privilege and wealth in the hands of a family just by historical actions or chance does not sit at all well with me.

The abuse of that privilege even less so.

On 05/02/2020 at 16:11, pattricia said:

Like Megan, Diana thrived on the attention of the press, and was constantly posing for the cameras.