The Royal Family Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Eh? You think Megan has spent her sunday updating a website?

Meghan pays the little people to do everything on her website. You really must stop imagining that she is anything like ordinary, decent working class people. Her and Harry are a part of the ruling class.

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Meghan pays the little people to do everything on her website. You really must stop imagining that she is anything like ordinary, decent working class people. Her and Harry are a part of the ruling class.

A prince and his wife, part of the ruling class?

Who’d have thought that?

7 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

A prince and his wife, part of the ruling class?

Who’d have thought that?

I'm a republican.  I would gladly be rid of the lot of them.

However, these two don't rule any of us in any way.

As part of the Aristocracy they don't 'rule' anyone. We had a civil war to sort that out a long time ago.

So the Toxic Two can't use their HRH titles any more but are free to use their brand name 'Sussex Royal' on everything to milk their Royal connections to the max?

29 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

I'm a republican.  I would gladly be rid of the lot of them.

However, these two don't rule any of us in any way.

As part of the Aristocracy they don't 'rule' anyone. We had a civil war to sort that out a long time ago.

When the Sussex Royal security warns the commoners not to do something - such as stand in a certain place or not to take any photos in their presence in a public place, even if the commoner is taking a selfie or a photo of somebody else, then the commoners will find out exactly who rules whom.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

So the Toxic Two can't use their HRH titles any more but are free to use their brand name 'Sussex Royal' on everything to milk their Royal connections to the max?

What's it matter to you if they do? They aren't taking money out of the public purse, they won't even be in the country most of the time.

I don't understand why people are still giving a **** over this. Rich kid and new wife move out of his nan's house and moves to Canada. Done. Finished.

31 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

What's it matter to you if they do? They aren't taking money out of the public purse, they won't even be in the country most of the time.

I don't understand why people are still giving a **** over this. Rich kid and new wife move out of his nan's house and moves to Canada. Done. Finished.

All of their security, in the UK & overseas, is paid for by the taxpayer.

This will not change. Their progressive lifestyles will cost us dear.

Edited by Car Boot

33 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

All of their security, in the UK & overseas, is paid for by the taxpayer.

This will not change. Their progressive lifestyles will cost us dear.

As far as i was aware, security arrangements hadnt been confirmed yet. What should they do though instead? Would you be happy if they were  left insecure?  Are you happy paying for Andrew to be taken care of?

Forget they're actual people for a second, you're in total control of their lives and you get to tell them what to do.

Go.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

As far as i was aware, security arrangements hadnt been confirmed yet. What should they do though instead? Would you be happy if they were  left insecure?  Are you happy paying for Andrew to be taken care of?

Forget they're actual people for a second, you're in total control of their lives and you get to tell them what to do.

Go.

I would confiscate the entire wealth and property of the Royals. All of their wealth and possessions belong to the people, which their ancestors stole. I would imprison the Royals while their financial affairs were closely examined. Their great wealth, privilege, enormous sense of entitlement combined with a complete lack of self awareness would mean that all of their rights under the law would be suspended.

Eventually, their fates would be decided and they would either be imprisoned for life or allowed to go into exile. A people's court would make the decision. 

Edited by Car Boot

8 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I would confiscate the entire wealth and property of the Royals. All of their wealth and possessions belong to the people, which their ancestors stole. I would imprison the Royals while their financial affairs were closely examined. Their great wealth, privilege, enormous sense of entitlement combined with a complete lack of self awareness would mean that all of their rights under the law would be suspended.

Eventually, their fates would be decided and they would either be imprisoned for life or allowed to go into exile. A people's court would make the decision. 

Ok, it seems odd that you’re giving such a hard to time to a couple who want to break away from the royal family. 

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Ok, it seems odd that you’re giving such a hard to time to a couple who want to break away from the royal family. 

They seem to want to break away from the Royal family, but not from all of the wealth and privileges associated with royalty itself.

Hence their global trademark application for the 'Sussex Royal' brand name covering Australia, Canada, the EU and US. It was filed in December with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).

They have also registered 'Sussex Royal the Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex'.

So they desire all of the fine trappings of royalty without any of its duties and responsibilities.

If Harry and Meghan really wanted to get away from royalty why not drop all of the titles, drop the word 'royal' and try to make it on their own two feet? WITHOUT the need to milk their Royal connections? Their £34 million fortune should keep them going for a few months.

Edited by Car Boot

11 hours ago, Car Boot said:

You missed the bit where you get the trained attack dogs to gorge upon their entrails.

Edited by Pettytom