The Royal Family Discussion Thread

18 minutes ago, L00b said:

Can you actually post an example of the supposed racist behaviour this extremely privileged princess has endured?

It should be very easy.

Edited by Car Boot

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Funny enough.  My wife said as much the moment they first appeared as a couple on TV.  On their wedding day, she said I give 5 years at the most. 

Maybe Harry could go & live with his dad? 

On the subject of paying for their security?  Anyone know if the UK taxpayers forked out to pay for protection for Edward & Mrs Simpson during all their years, mainly living in Paris? 

Yes they did here, I can remember an empty mansion with air strip and helipad being patrolled by the sas that belonged to Edward, I think it was in Cheshire.

3 minutes ago, lottiecass said:

Yes they did here, I can remember an empty mansion with air strip and helipad being patrolled by the sas that belonged to Edward, I think it was in Cheshire.

I suppose the costs fall under this legislation? 

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1978/17/contents

33 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Can you actually post an example of the supposed racist behaviour this extremely privileged princess has endured?

It should be very easy.

They aren't stupid enough to say "because she's black" but they repeatedly criticize her for doing things when other royals don't get criticized, or are even praised, for doing the same thing. Some examples.

You only have to search for "tabloid treatment of Meghan Markle" to find many examples.

2 minutes ago, altus said:

They aren't stupid enough to say "because she's black" but they repeatedly criticize her for doing things when other royals don't get criticized, or are even praised, for doing the same thing. Some examples.

You only have to search for "tabloid treatment of Meghan Markle" to find many examples.

There are 20 examples, I read it on Twitter this morning - and if memory serves that was just the Mail.

29 minutes ago, altus said:

Do you mean the paparazzi taking pics of a topless Kate Middleton and the European press printing them?

Did Princess Markle suffer such an abuse?

43 minutes ago, altus said:

I'm sorry, I couldn't find any evidence of racism being behind the reason for any criticism of the rich celebrity Princess.

Did you actually read your examples before posting them?

Racism has nothing to fo with the situation in hand. Just fed up of hearing the twaddle. :roll:

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

It should be very easy.

I'm not interested in proving instances of racism to you (moreover you did not ask me, you asked Longcol).

I'm more interested by your sudden focus upon racism, to the apparent exclusion of other, incessant and extremely well-documented types of harassment of Markle by tabloids (hence my own question to you).

Is it therefore the case with you, that tabloids get a pass on everything else they've lobbed at Markle, so long as they are not openly racist?

Should be even easier for you: a simple yes or no is enough.

Edited by L00b

35 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I'm sorry, I couldn't find any evidence of racism being behind the reason for any criticism of the rich celebrity Princess.

Did you actually read your examples before posting them?

You do realise that racism can be more subtle than calling someone the N word?

The issue is why is this particular person treated differently, e.g. negatively, from other royals when they do the same things? Why do you think that is?

If you thing brexit is an indication of a public desire to get rid of the monarchy you will be sorely disappointed. If anything it indicates the opposite.

Just for the record: I'm a republican. I'd be happy to see the back of the whole anachronistic institution that is the monarch and of the forelock tugging attitudes that go along with it.

The EU and the Royals are part of the same remote, out of touch, distant privileged elite that thinks they are born to rule.

Let's get rid of both. 

1 hour ago, altus said:

You do realise that racism can be more subtle than calling someone the N word?

The issue is why is this particular person treated differently, e.g. negatively, from other royals when they do the same things? Why do you think that is?

If you thing brexit is an indication of a public desire to get rid of the monarchy you will be sorely disappointed. If anything it indicates the opposite.

Just for the record: I'm a republican. I'd be happy to see the back of the whole anachronistic institution that is the monarch and of the forelock tugging attitudes that go along with it.

I bet they dare not put it to a vote.altus, you may be proved wrong. The days of royal s are numbered ,republic for me.