The Royal Family Discussion Thread

Not that either of them have much of a claim to be a member of it in the first place.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/08/prince-harry-and-meghan-say-they-are-stepping-back-from-royal-family?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

I guess that they have enough money, and don’t need the hassle. Maybe more will follow them.

ETA: This has been merged into the royal

family thread. The original title was “Harry and Meghan quit the Royal Family”. That hopefully gives the first sentence of this post a bit of context.

Edited by Pettytom
Trying to clarify context after moderation

Well the balloon has finally gone up ! Meghan Markle has finally devided and conquered the royal family. Her selfish actions and desires has been just like a wrecking ball, since she married Prince Harry. He's really under the thumb, and probably terrified she will leave him ! I think  behind all her sincerity and smiles, she is self speaking and manipulative. I feel so sorry for Harry, when he comes out of his dream state, he will curse the day he met her. No doubt another baby will come into the picture, and complete her final leverage. They say love is blind, so true, but one day Harry will come to the realisation what a prize mess he's landed himself in. I feel sorry for our beautiful Queen, she doesn't need anymore heartache after the Prince Andrew shame. Well Meghan will have a long term meal ticket, that's for sure. My terminology for her would be the destroyer, Piers Morgan was correct about Meghan all along. Wallis Simpson, American sound familiar? It will not end well, and Harry will end up devastated and heartbroken.

3 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Maybe more will follow them.

I sincerely hope so but despite the good news I doubt William will follow his brothers lead. 

There is nothing royal about Meghan Markle, Kate is beautiful, restrained keeps her mouth closed and has class, she was a perfect choice. Meghan needs to get back to Suites,she has fallen out with all and sundry, and taking Harry down the same horrible road, divide and conquer that's how she operates. I firmly believe in Kama, what comes round, goes round, action, reaction, outcome, consequence!  You only had to see how many family were at the wedding, says it ALL, about her ! Well, I say buzz off, and don't let the door hit you on the way out, shame she will have caused so much damage first, and messed up Prince Harry, who still has issues, around his Mums death.

I absolutely agree  with what Megan and Harry are doing. He saw his mother destroyed by the British press and he could see his life going the same way. They have broken away ,so good luck to them.

Our wonderful Queen doesn't need all this trauma and upset, at her time of life. Her conduct has been impeccable, always, may God bless you maam.

Harry needs to grow up, and grow a pair, he has changed drastically since he met Meghan Markle. He has a duty to his birth heritage, not running away like a silly kid, and blaming every one else, it's all down to Markle.

The press didn't kill Diana, she knew the score when she married Prince Charles, having spent so much time around royals, all her life. Diana used the press when it suited her purposes. A stupid paralytic  drunken driver killed her, he was vastly over the safe limit for driving a vehicle. I have driven through the Alma tunnel, when I went to Paris, it is narrow, dark, with many concrete posts, the drivers perception was distorted due to his drunkenness, he was solely to blame. The press have followed Diana many many times, it was a drunken idiot that caused her death.😥

21 minutes ago, Delphene said:

Our wonderful Queen doesn't need all this trauma and upset, at her time of life. Her conduct has been impeccable, always, may God bless you maam.

Harry needs to grow up, and grow a pair, he has changed drastically since he met Meghan Markle. He has a duty to his birth heritage, not running away like a silly kid, and blaming every one else, it's all down to Markle.

They’re going to Canada, she’s still sovereign there. Why is it a trauma for a grandson to move abroad. Do you think prince andrews conduct is causing more or less trauma?

That is for her Majesty to decide, not me ! I don't presume to know the mind of the Queen, I suspect it is all upsetting for her, and the rest of the royal family.

30 minutes ago, Delphene said:

There is nothing royal about Meghan Markle, Kate is beautiful, restrained keeps her mouth closed and has class, she was a perfect choice. Meghan needs to get back to Suites,she has fallen out with all and sundry, and taking Harry down the same horrible road, divide and conquer that's how she operates. I firmly believe in Kama, what comes round, goes round, action, reaction, outcome, consequence!  You only had to see how many family were at the wedding, says it ALL, about her ! Well, I say buzz off, and don't let the door hit you on the way out, shame she will have caused so much damage first, and messed up Prince Harry, who still has issues, around his Mums death.

There’s nothing royal about Harry either.

1 minute ago, Delphene said:

That is for her Majesty to decide, not me ! I don't presume to know the mind of the Queen, I suspect it is all upsetting for her, and the rest of the royal family.

You decided Harry moving to Canada is causing her trauma. 

Harry is a prince by his royal birth rite, his wife is a former two bit actress, up her own self importance.