The Royal Family Discussion Thread

Does anyone even care??

Just now, geared said:

Does anyone even care??

depends if you pay much tax?

The only people who are really entitled to complain are the people paying 40% income tax and above. 

Everyone else are technically leeching. 

Edited by ez8004

55 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48746609

more leeching on taxpayers from the minor royals, i would love to have 10% of that to re-furbish our house.

when are the royals going to join the real world.

Must admit it took longer than I expected for the typical anti-royal backlash to turn up!!

36 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

depends if you pay much tax?

As a matter of interest, how much each is that when spread out amongst the taxpayers?

Isn't the entire thread and the BBC article designed specifically with anti-royal complaints in mind?  Perhaps rightly so, perhaps not...

At least there is something to show for the 2.4 mill.  The visit of the orange idiot cost at least 4 times that and all we have to show for it is a bad smell

5 minutes ago, alchemist said:

At least there is something to show for the 2.4 mill.  The visit of the orange idiot cost at least 4 times that and all we have to show for it is a bad smell

👍

9 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Isn't the entire thread and the BBC article designed specifically with anti-royal complaints in mind?  Perhaps rightly so, perhaps not...

Simple and obvious answer,  Cyclone, is yes - typical BBC royaly-bashing. I've come to expect nothing less.

28 minutes ago, alchemist said:

Something to show, in that they had a house refurbed?  They could refurb all our houses and have something to show for it by that logic...

13 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Something to show, in that they had a house refurbed?  They could refurb all our houses and have something to show for it by that logic...

Not for 2.4 million they cant   :)

They could do maybe 20 private homes and there'd be something to show...  My point being that "something to show" that is then enjoyed privately isn't really a justification for public money to be spent is it.

Well I guess that's a perk of being part of the Royal family?

Like others have said, we've spent far more on far less.

Content removed.

Edited by Waldo