The Royal Family Discussion Thread

No good just complaining on here. Join the official campaign for just £2 a month.

https://www.republic.org.uk/

Each taxpayer contributes about 60 pence a year towards the upkeep of the monarchy. Better value for money than the republican campaign, in my opinion.

---------- Post added 13-10-2018 at 09:59 ----------

Superb!!!!

---------- Post added 13-10-2018 at 02:10 ----------

Very nice?

What does that mean?

It was a meant as a compliment. After the wedding the bride left the church. Do you know what leave means?

Each taxpayer contributes about 60 pence a year towards the upkeep of the monarchy. Better value for money than the republican campaign, in my opinion.

So you're happy that taxpayers contribute an extra (approx) £18m per year to an already extremely rich family?

And as you say, "in your opinion". It certainly isn't mine.

Mmmm lets see, you can't claim benefits if you have savings of several thousand pounds, however if you are a member of one of the countries richest families and worth £82m you can get the tax payers to help fund your daughters wedding costs.

Mmmm lets see, you can't claim benefits if you have savings of several thousand pounds, however if you are a member of one of the countries richest families and worth £82m you can get the tax payers to help fund your daughters wedding costs.

But to be fair, if there wasn't a wealthy royal family who would the tuppence 'apenny Tories grovel to, and aspire to be like?

But to be fair, if there wasn't a wealthy royal family who would the tuppence 'apenny Tories grovel to, and aspire to be like?

You have a point actually.

I don't have a particular grouse against the Royal family, but I do have a problem with the ingrained class system in this country, and that starts with the royal family and the aristocracy, and their 'Godgiven sense of entitlement' for nothing more than an accident of birth.

yes I will watch it but at 18.00 my time today, 23.00 yours, so it will not be live for me.

I agree that the taxpayer should not be footing all the security bill, Andrew should with maybe some help from the Queen.

If there is a significant draw for tourism, then maybe the Gov't should chip in something

Father of the bride should be the main contributor, I enjoyed the ceremony and they are a lovely couple, I hope they'll be very happy, she works for an international art gallery and he has a wine business.

Guest makapaka

Absolutely it’s a disgrace and anyone defending it is part of the problem.

Genuine question ...have taxpayers contributed to the wedding itself or is it for the security ?

Genuine question ...have taxpayers contributed to the wedding itself or is it for the security ?

The Queen pays for the wedding and the taxpayer pays for the security.

---------- Post added 13-10-2018 at 15:48 ----------

So you're happy that taxpayers contribute an extra (approx) £18m per year to an already extremely rich family?

And as you say, "in your opinion". It certainly isn't mine.

I am happy to personally contribute about 60 pence a year for the upkeep of the monarchy.

Edited by Lockdoctor

I am happy to personally contribute about 60 pence a year for the upkeep of the monarchy.

Me too.

On the position of police security, what I do object to, is having to contribute to the high expense of police security at football matches and other trivial events I have no interest in.;)

The bride looked beautiful. I enjoyed watching the wedding, not just for the pomp and ceremony, but for the pleasure of hearing the lovely music, especially when Andrea Brocelli performed.

He was good, and if the wedding was television which went out to other countries it would have made a lot of other people feel happy,not bad for 60pence.

The post about Beatrice and Eugenie's teeth was a 'low ball' - :nono:

what I do object to, is having to contribute to the high expense of police security at football matches

How are you having to contribute to policing football matches? :confused: