The Royal Family Discussion Thread

How are you having to contribute to policing football matches? :confused:

football clubs only have to pay for policing within the ground, or on land they own.

The cost of policing outside the ground is picked up by taxpayers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45837613

The clubs don't pay for it all... a lot of the cost comes out of taxes I think...

I believe the amount taxpayers contribute to Policing football matches varies around the country. I understand the London football clubs pay the least amount, which is only small fraction of the costs. It is a fact taxpayers contribute to Policing football matches.

Fortunately, I was out all day, and didn't even watch the TV news, so had a peaceful, non-hyped-up day.

I thought the father of the bride was supposed to pay for weddings. I heard on the radio that Prince Andrew is worth £65million, so he could easily afford the bill.

That's why he has 65m, because he doesn't spend it. Why should he when the mugs pick up his bills.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 13-10-2018 at 19:09 ----------

yes I will watch it but at 18.00 my time today, 23.00 yours, so it will not be live for me.

I agree that the taxpayer should not be footing all the security bill, Andrew should with maybe some help from the Queen.

If there is a significant draw for tourism, then maybe the Gov't should chip in something

That's the problem, the Government do not have any money. The money the Government have is OUR money, collected off the working masses.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 13-10-2018 at 19:25 ----------

]Mmmm lets see' date=' you can't claim benefits if you have savings of several thousand pounds[/u'][/b], however if you are a member of one of the countries richest families and worth £82m you can get the tax payers to help fund your daughters wedding costs.

Not only that, if you are disabled in some way, the currant Government is taking your motobility motor from you, and over half of your care payments.

Meanwhile back in La La land, we hand out 2 million for so called security to one of the richest families in the Country for a second division wedding. Laugh, it's enough to make a sane person weep.

Just to add, the "Royal" family is worth an estimated £60 BILLION not £82 million. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/royal-family-british-monarchy-wealth-value-how-rich-money-queen-elizabeth-ii-a8067946.html

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

Guest makapaka
I believe the amount taxpayers contribute to Policing football matches varies around the country. I understand the London football clubs pay the least amount, which is only small fraction of the costs. It is a fact taxpayers contribute to Policing football matches.

It is true - but football and a wedding of two people are two very different things.

One is a game enjoyed by millions of people all over the world and one is two over privileged people getting married.

It is true - but football and a wedding of two people are two very different things.

One is a game enjoyed by millions of people all over the world and one is two over privileged people getting married.

The live television figures for the wedding were very good. Millions enjoy such Royal events as weddings. There is global interest in the British monarchy. The monarchy helps UK tourism.

Father of the bride should be the main contributor,

A very old outdated stance and in this day and age of equality I think not.

---------- Post added 14-10-2018 at 11:03 ----------

The monarchy helps UK tourism.

Not really. Tourists dont come to see the Monarchy and I doubt many tourists came to see this wedding either. Its like the smiles in the wedding photos, all false, full of teeth and just done for the photo.

Edited by Dromedary

He was good, and if the wedding was television which went out to other countries it would have made a lot of other people feel happy,not bad for 60pence.

The post about Beatrice and Eugenie's teeth was a 'low ball' - :nono:

Correct. It's not her fault they appear to have equestrian blood running through the family.

---------- Post added 14-10-2018 at 11:07 ----------

The bride looked beautiful. I enjoyed watching the wedding, not just for the pomp and ceremony, but for the pleasure of hearing the lovely music, especially when Andrea Brocelli performed.

Janie, you could listen to that without it costing the taxpayer £20m surely?

---------- Post added 14-10-2018 at 11:10 ----------

But to be fair, if there wasn't a wealthy royal family who would the tuppence 'apenny Tories grovel to, and aspire to be like?

Each to their own but seeing grown people fawning and falling at their feet genuinely makes me feel a little sick. :loopy:

The post about Beatrice and Eugenie's teeth was a 'low ball' - :nono:

yeah but, do you want people questioning the Princess’ parentage in future years ??

No, I don’t think you do.

So you can rest assured that the two Princess’ are of Royal Blood :)

Each to their own but seeing grown people fawning and falling at their feet genuinely makes me feel a little sick. :loopy:

That is exactly the point.

It's not really about the money which as many people have pointed out, is not much in the whole scheme of things, but about self respect and dignity as a nation. The British class system is not simply an economic structure but one of attitude and where one sees oneself in our society.

While we continue to 'know our place' and bow, scrape and doff our hats at a dysfunctional family we will never grow as a nation. :suspect:

I thought Fergies hat was comical. Looked as though two arrows had been shot through it. :o