The Royal Family Discussion Thread

She could have stopped a lot of the ill feeling towards this wedding had she said they would....

Does anyone seriously believe these people give a toss about what anyone thinks?

Does anyone seriously believe these people give a toss about what anyone thinks?

You’re cross because Fergie’s hat is bigger and dafter than yours !

You’re cross because Fergie’s hat is bigger and dafter than yours !

I don't think Alex Ferguson has ever worn a hat except for a day at the races.

:thumbsup:

Just for a moment, forget about the expense etc. This is just a young man and a young woman, very much in love, promising before God to always care for each other and stay together.

I think that's rather touching and beautiful.

The rest is just froth.

I wish them all the best, just as I would anyone else.

Good Luck Jack and Eugenie.

Guest makapaka
Just for a moment, forget about the expense etc. This is just a young man and a young woman, very much in love, promising before God to always care for each other and stay together.

I think that's rather touching and beautiful.

The rest is just froth.

I wish them all the best, just as I would anyone else.

Good Luck Jack and Eugenie.

Pass the sick bucket.

If that's all it is - why have all the expense and froth in the first place? They could have just got married in a nice private ceremony with their family and frirends and - I don't know - maybe just leave Naomi Campbell, Jimmy Carr, Robbie Williams, Liv Tyler etc off the guest list.

Indulgent rubbish at our expense.

I thought the father of the bride was supposed to pay for weddings. I heard on the radio that Prince Andrew is worth £65million, so he could easily afford the bill.

Pass the sick bucket.

If that's all it is - why have all the expense and froth in the first place? They could have just got married in a nice private ceremony with their family and frirends and - I don't know - maybe just leave Naomi Campbell, Jimmy Carr, Robbie Williams, Liv Tyler etc off the guest list.

Indulgent rubbish at our expense.

Yep, I have to agree with that too.

I believe most of the public expense was to do with the security arrangements for the carriage ride, which we could have well done without, unless they were prepared to pay for the security themselves.

Austerity eh...? Amazing what money can be found for, when it suits...

The papers will be full of it until the middle of next week

Royal wedding ?

Is there a wedding today ?

[/b]

Yep, I have to agree with that too.

I believe most of the public expense was to do with the security arrangements for the carriage ride, which we could have well done without, unless they were prepared to pay for the security themselves.

Austerity eh...? Amazing what money can be found for, when it suits...

This exactly.

A minor Royal doesn't need to be paraded around Windsor in a horse drawn carriage at the tax-payers expense.

If they want to do that nonsense then let them dip into their own deep pockets and foot the sodding bill.