Pc shops that sell tower cases

looking for a local if possible pc shop that sells gaming cases are just standard cases close to s5

I bought one from the place just up from the White Horse on Halifax Rd. I've not used them in a long time so probably worth calling them first.

Cheers pal will give them a bell

Hi,

Whilst I wholly approve of supporting local businesses (I really miss GemSoft), if you can't find what you are looking for locally, I have used scan.co.uk for a couple of builds. What I found annoying is that the same towers I had looked at a few weeks prior to purchase had shot up. Always best to buy Computer bits way before Christmas as there tends to be a premium to be paid this time of year. ;)

Hi,

Whilst I wholly approve of supporting local businesses (I really miss GemSoft), if you can't find what you are looking for locally, I have used scan.co.uk for a couple of builds. What I found annoying is that the same towers I had looked at a few weeks prior to purchase had shot up. Always best to buy Computer bits way before Christmas as there tends to be a premium to be paid this time of year. ;)

I once had a dead-on-arrival motherboard (as part of a very large/expensive order) from Scan. When I tried to return it they wanted to charge me a restocking fee (for a faulty item!). :loopy:

I had to threaten them with small claims court twice; once to accept the return, and a second time to get them to pay my refund when they'd took delivery of the faulty item.

Admittedly this was a few years ago, but I've never used them since (for personal orders or business orders) and would never use them again.

I once had a dead-on-arrival motherboard (as part of a very large/expensive order) from Scan. When I tried to return it they wanted to charge me a restocking fee (for a faulty item!). :loopy:

I had to threaten them with small claims court twice; once to accept the return, and a second time to get them to pay my refund when they'd took delivery of the faulty item.

Admittedly this was a few years ago, but I've never used them since (for personal orders or business orders) and would never use them again.

I know Scan can be a tad more expensive on things but I've never had any issues returning anything to them. The last item I returned was about 6 months ago... maybe things have changed.

Scan refuse to make a refund on a damaged Intel motherboard which they say was damaged by me. It was recieved with some of thw CPU socket pins bent.

Would never get anything from them again.

I wouldn't touch SCAM with a 10ft bargepole.

I now have an account with Overclockers.co.uk, I don't pay for delivery on anything I order and their customer service is exemplary. I had to send something back to a manufacturer (in warranty but outside OCUK's responsibility. Ocuk offered to refund my postage costs which I declined as the manufacturer had already covered it.

I also get an email after expected delivery to make sure it's arrived.

I didn't have an issue with the components ordered apart from an issue with one of the CoolerMaster Silencio cases which was covered under warranty anyway and CoolerMaster were quick to send replacement Card Reader.

I wouldn't touch SCAM with a 10ft bargepole.

I now have an account with Overclockers.co.uk, I don't pay for delivery on anything I order and their customer service is exemplary. I had to send something back to a manufacturer (in warranty but outside OCUK's responsibility. Ocuk offered to refund my postage costs which I declined as the manufacturer had already covered it.

I also get an email after expected delivery to make sure it's arrived.

Never had an issue with SCAN, OverClockers on the other hand, are usually quite a bit more expensive than others, and have heard nothing but bad things about their customer service..

Never had an issue with SCAN, OverClockers on the other hand, are usually quite a bit more expensive than others, and have heard nothing but bad things about their customer service..

About 15 years ago it was diabolical however it was bought out and all new policies were brought in. Old staff that refused to toe the line went out the door.

Yes they're a little more pricey but for the service it's worth it.

Few years ago I was ordered a list of components to build a system for my sister.

An hour after the order I got a call. Theyd spotted it was a full system order but I'd mismatched the ram (I'd selected wrong type) and would it be OK for them to amend my order (no price difference) so I got the right one.

How many places would do that?

The free haribo that comes with every order is a nice touch too :hihi:

About 15 years ago it was diabolical however it was bought out and all new policies were brought in. Old staff that refused to toe the line went out the door.

Yes they're a little more pricey but for the service it's worth it.

Few years ago I was ordered a list of components to build a system for my sister.

An hour after the order I got a call. Theyd spotted it was a full system order but I'd mismatched the ram (I'd selected wrong type) and would it be OK for them to amend my order (no price difference) so I got the right one.

How many places would do that?

The free haribo that comes with every order is a nice touch too :hihi:

Yeah, both SCAN and eBuyer have done similar (not exactly the same) for me... Aria have also been extremely helpful in the past.. Built my current system from Aria... (was cheapest overall at the time)