Bakery found NOT to have discriminated against a gay couple

Off to the European courts it most likely will end up. If you lose there they’ll go bankrupt for sure. Hope they lose every penny.

Off to the European courts it most likely will end up. If you lose there they’ll go bankrupt for sure. Hope they lose every penny.

Normally I'd agree but looking at said cake (and ignoring the obvious copyright infringement;)) is the message more of a political one? For all they know the couple asking for said cake might have been straight.

Who are 'they'?

yes I hope the gay couple loose every thing too.

Happy for the cake shop owners. What happened to them was a disgrace. Hopefully the cake shop owners will still have enough money left after their ordeal to live a good life.

Well said.

Happy for the cake shop owners. What happened to them was a disgrace. Hopefully the cake shop owners will still have enough money left after their ordeal to live a good life.

The cake shop legal fees were picked up by a Christian charity / lobby group. They will prob get some bad press now

Normally I'd agree but looking at said cake (and ignoring the obvious copyright infringement;)) is the message more of a political one? For all they know the couple asking for said cake might have been straight.

That's was exactly the reason they won. You can refuse to bake a cake for someone based on their political beliefs, because it isn't a protected characteristic in the discrimination act.

So since gay marriage can be considered a political discussion (at the time) then they could show a valid legal reason not to do it.

Refusing to do it based on the customers sexuality is not permitted in law.

---------- Post added 11-10-2018 at 10:15 ----------

I find that troubling. I am not homophobic, and would be staunchly against someone acting in a homophobic way against someone.

But to hope they go bankrupt, with all the consequences of it, is completely disproportionate reaction to someones beliefs that you or I find distasteteful.

The cake shop legal fees were picked up by a Christian charity / lobby group. They will prob get some bad press now

The complainant was a gay rights activist so i bet he isn't paying his own costs either.

Does anyone know why Lee wanted a cake with this slogan on it? It’s very odd - what kind of event would require such a thing? The man is an activist and the case has all the hallmarks of entrapment. Thank goodness justice and common sense has prevailed. Lee and the Equalities bods should be hanging their heads in shame at wasting tax payers’ money.

I will pray for them.