Hillsborough arcade salesmen

:huh: For not doing something about something they know nothing about?? :huh:

the management should know that is the whole point.

I know it can be annoying but encountering these chaps at the weekend, it was enough to say politely "no thank you" and walk on. They were certainly polite and not overly pushy. They have bills to pay, the same as you and I. Would you rather they were on benefits? I should imagine it's a soul destroying job. Imagine if in your job you were consistently ignored, given the bird (as a chap in front of me did as he walked past them) and verbally abused, and got very little out of it in your wage packet day in day out....I'm not suggesting that you stop and be given the whole sales pitch, but give em a break! This may just be a stop gap job while they find something better so they can keep their heads above water. God forbid you find yourselves in that position.

1st Utilites stopped me yesterday in precinct, said no thank you and he persisted to follow me asking me to let them quote. If I want to change I will do it my own way not be pestered.

They have bills to pay, the same as you and I.

I have always been conflicted about this.

While I agree with you that everyone has the right to earn a crust, it has to be balanced against the rights of others to just get on with their life without being harassed.

I'm not so bothered by the kind of sales people this thread is discussing as they are fairly easy to avoid or ignore but telesales people are becoming a real nuisance, especially when they target people during the evening when you just want to relax, have your dinner and watch some crap on the telly without having to constantly answer the phone and fend off calls about PPI, changing your energy supplier or claiming for accidents that you haven't had. :suspect:

Are you registered with the TPS. I rarely get calls, and when I do I block that number for the future on my handset. I couldn't even tell you when I last got a sales call!

I know it can be annoying but encountering these chaps at the weekend, it was enough to say politely "no thank you" and walk on. They were certainly polite and not overly pushy. They have bills to pay, the same as you and I. Would you rather they were on benefits? I should imagine it's a soul destroying job. Imagine if in your job you were consistently ignored, given the bird (as a chap in front of me did as he walked past them) and verbally abused, and got very little out of it in your wage packet day in day out....I'm not suggesting that you stop and be given the whole sales pitch, but give em a break! This may just be a stop gap job while they find something better so they can keep their heads above water. God forbid you find yourselves in that position.

I’ve often wanted to stop and ask if they hate their job.!

Are you registered with the TPS. I rarely get calls, and when I do I block that number for the future on my handset. I couldn't even tell you when I last got a sales call!

Not only have I been on the TPS for years but I don't give anyone my home or mobile numbers unless I have a good reason to, and that includes gas, electricity and water as these numbers can be sold on.

Also many of these calls are made by random number generators who neither know nor care whether you are on the TPS. And some of these calls are from companies or agencies that the previous holder of my phone number had contact with who claim to be exempt from the TPS if you called them first, even if that was 15 years ago!

It has been bad of late different organisations plying their trade every week.

Wait until the redevelopment gets going and you have to fight your way through a building site too.

I noticed a small notice on a lamppost near wilko, looks like it's progressing I had a look online at the documents so far for the Hillsborough arcade. I can't see the local objections being listened to, I wonder where the salespeople will retreat to I guess the Barracks.

https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?previousCaseType=Property&previousKeyVal=006H88NYLI000&activeTab=summary&previousCaseUprn=200003026173&previousCaseNumber=0064KKNYBU000&keyVal=PELBD0NYL3O00

Had the misfortune to visit the arcade Monday afternoon it was like running the gauntlet at least ten men from different companies insistently trying to sell us stuff, had to resort to using a Latin expression more than once.

Been in today and just as annoying as the pushy salesmen are the amount of buckets all over to catch rain from the leaking roof that has been going on for years! Same at Holme Lane corner at bottom of Walkley Lane - huge puddle there for drivers to drive through and soak pedestrians.

The arcade is a tip, its like one of the last bastions of the urine brigade now the markets are gone.

The arcade is a tip, its like one of the last bastions of the urine brigade now the markets are gone.

Hillsborough Arcade !