Don't die of ignorance - have your Flu Jab

I've had mine - free as I am 'front line' staff. Painless and I worked a 10 hour shift afterwards.

Flu has started early this year - several colleagues have had it before the 'flu jab was available at work.

Please get yours now !

Had mine too - NHSD are rather hot on it too even for those in the ivory towers at TSQ :) They said something about an early start to the season as well...

Never had one.... I've had the flu twice, 3days in bed thought I was dying, and to be honest I wasn't at all bothered about dying..

My fear of needles prevents me from having the jab.

There seems to be a long waiting list though, over a month at our surgery.

Mines done. 10 minute wait at the pharmacy on Greenhow St in Walkley, no appointment.

I'm on the free list (chronic lung condition) but they were doing paid for ones as well  as they had plenty of stock .

They go through the form first to see if there anyway they can do you for free before they offer the £11.50 option . 

It may be better to try a pharmacy first than get an appointment at the GP 

4000 staff at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals have received their 'flu jabs in the last 3 days !

Well done everyone !

6 hours ago, jaffa1 said:

There seems to be a long waiting list though, over a month at our surgery.

I think you need to change your GP.

That's disgusting.

1 hour ago, Daven said:

4000 staff at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals have received their 'flu jabs in the last 3 days !

Well done everyone !

I think you need to change your GP.

That's disgusting.

Not really. Supplies are constrained and being rightfully prioritised. My jab with my GP is due in November. 

18 hours ago, Padders said:

Never had one.... I've had the flu twice, 3days in bed thought I was dying, and to be honest I wasn't at all bothered about dying..

My fear of needles prevents me from having the jab.

Get the one that they shootup your nose, it works just as good. I had it once when theyran out of the jab versions. :thumbsup:

Edited by Ontarian1981

4 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Get the one that they shootup your nose, it works just as good. I had it once when theyran out of the jab versions. :thumbsup:

Never heard of that one Mr T.   pity they don't do a tablet version.

On 17/10/2019 at 04:38, Ontarian1981 said:

Isn't that the one that is for children ?

1 hour ago, Daven said:

Isn't that the one that is for children ?

Plus anyone who is afraid of needles.However, I just read that there is a world shortage and Canada is not ordering them this year.

Another thing I just read was that you have to be under 50, so that rules out Padders anyway.

I shall have to have a word with my doctor, as he gave one to me about 4 years ago because he had run out of the needle ones, and I was over 70 at the time.

Now 7000 staff working within Sheffield Teaching Hospitals have had their 'flu jabs !

What an achievement - well done !

Edited by Daven