Don't die of ignorance - have your Flu Jab

On 11/21/2018 at 8:09 AM, MAC33 said:

Is there a rule on this forum that Big Pharma self funded studies have to be taken as gospel?

Is their a rule that all their claims of vaccination causing no harm  are to be believed when there's clearly monumental evidence of harm.

Oh please - you’re fooling no one here. We can tell the difference between conspiracy claptrap and validated and peer reviewed scientific evidence and research. It’s a shame you don’t seem able to. 

Before the polio vaccine was introduced in the 1950s there would be up 750 deaths a year from it. How many people die from Polio in the U.K. now? (The answer is none). 

1 hour ago, MAC33 said:

Apt comment......v.ery good interview from a true professional. Problem is that she is "preaching to the choir." Vast majority will never hear it or more than likely, dismiss it..

Well,we have evidence of this from the above poster.

She wasn't arrested for her views..

"In October 2011, Mikovits was terminated by WPI for refusing to turn over her work to another scientist[1] and subsequently came under investigation for alleged manipulation of data in her publications related to XMRV.[2] On November 18, 2011, Judy Mikovits was arrested in her Ventura County home"

Just have to make this comment -for anybody interested in the science of vaccination.

If one trawls enough it's possible to find reports of adverse events associated with vaccination.

The hallmark  of good scientific research is that the results  are repeatable 

The beneficial effects of vaccination on the immune system have been repeated thoudands of times.

De facto, it's good science.

Edited by petemcewan

MAC33.

The research that was undertaken by  Laura Hewitson  sound be given to an independent team to see if Hewitson's results can be replicated.

2 hours ago, petemcewan said:

MAC33.

The research that was undertaken by  Laura Hewitson  sound be given to an independent team to see if Hewitson's results can be replicated.

Would that be this Laura Hewitson?

https://leftbrainrightbrain.co.uk/2010/07/26/laura-hewitson-has-left-the-university-of-pittsburgh/

And the article MAC33 linked to came from a website run by someone who appears to collect conspiracy theories like they were going out of fashion.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Laura_Knight_Jadczyk

Longcol,

Thanks for that link-very interesting.  

correction to my post: "sound"   to "should".

It's that time of year again. Free vaccinations.Hope they've got it right again.

http://www.science.gc.ca/eic/site/063.nsf/eng/97681.html

For those in the right category it might be prudent to get the Pneumonia  vaccination.

I had it in 2002 and it last a lifetime .

Edited by petemcewan

3 hours ago, petemcewan said:

It's that time of year again. Free vaccinations.Hope they've got it right again.

http://www.science.gc.ca/eic/site/063.nsf/eng/97681.html

For those in the right category it might be prudent to get the Pneumonia  vaccination.

I had it in 2002 and it last a lifetime .

I agree with you, I had them both, but it did not stop me from getting Pneumonia, but there were mitigating circumstances. if it available to you and you do not take it, in my eyes you are silly.

I'm waiting to get mine for pregnancy, apparently the over 65 flu jab has been available from my GP for a while but the one for me isn't available until the 25th of this month. I'm not sure if this applies to other surgeries as well, worth a check.

2 hours ago, Kidorry said:

I agree with you, I had them both, but it did not stop me from getting Pneumonia, but there were mitigating circumstances. if it available to you and you do not take it, in my eyes you are silly.

There is an injection for Pneumonia, I’ve already had it because I’m asthmatic, about 15 years ago.  It’s suppose to last you a lifetime, so you only need the one injection.  It might be worth checking to see if I’m right.   

I’ve just noticed in  your post that you have already had the Pneumonia injection.

Edited by hauxwell