Don't die of ignorance - have your Flu Jab

Back to the flu jab I’m offered it every year at work, never had it, never had the flu thank god

Please don’t call folk like us scaremongering for not wanting it, I think it’s the other way round we are scaremongerd into having it

No thank you

What about other innoculations?

I am in a high risk group because I work in health care.

I had my 'flu jab 2 days ago and apart from a bruised feeling in my arm for 24 hours I feel absolutely fine.

I would advise everyone to have the jab - 'flu is not just a bad cold - it can kill.

I tnink that' s half the problem - in common parlance flu is a bad cold for many people.

I've had flu once as an adult in my late 30's when I was very fit eg played sport 3 times a week. It absolutely floored me for 3 days - too weak to get out of bed , had to be helped to the toilet, couldn"t eat etc.

25 years on I'd hate to think what effect flu would have on me now, never mind in another 10 / 15 / 20 years.

---------- Post added 18-10-2018 at 16:02 ----------

I am in a high risk group because I work in health care.

I had my 'flu jab 2 days ago and apart from a bruised feeling in my arm for 24 hours I feel absolutely fine.

I would advise everyone to have the jab - 'flu is not just a bad cold - it can kill.

I tnink that' s half the problem - in common parlance flu is a bad cold for many people.

I've had flu once as an adult in my late 30's when I was very fit eg played sport 3 times a week. It absolutely floored me for 3 days - too weak to get out of bed , had to be helped to the toilet, couldn"t eat etc.

25 years on I'd hate to think what affect flu would have on me know, never mind in another 10 / 15 / 20 years.

Edited by Longcol

Back to the flu jab I’m offered it every year at work, never had it, never had the flu thank god

Please don’t call folk like us scaremongering for not wanting it, I think it’s the other way round we are scaremongerd into having it

No thank you

If you work in an office where you are in close proximity to others and one of them gets flu it is very likely that you will get flu too.

It's entirely your choice whether you get the flu job or not but that decision needs to be an informed one.

If you get flu you will be extremely ill - you may get pneumonia - you may need to be admitted to hospital. If you have small children or elderly relatives you may infect them and because they are vulnerable they may not be strong enough to fight the infection.

Several thousands died of flu in the UK last year.

This is not scaremongering - this is fact.

Get your flu jab is my advice.

Edited by Daven

You are obviously happy to be injected with the vaccine then

Why ridicule people who choose not to have it for whatever reason

You work in a GP practice, a medical practice and you don't believe in the benefits of vaccination? Really?

Do you not fundamentally understand the issue of not enough people getting vaccinated versus the one who doesn't? :loopy:

Is there a reason why you work in admin at a GP practice and not practicing medicine? Not the sharpest tool in the box are we?

You work in a GP practice, a medical practice and you don't believe in the benefits of vaccination? Really?

Do you not fundamentally understand the issue of not enough people getting vaccinated versus the one who doesn't? :loopy:

Is there a reason why you work in admin at a GP practice and not practicing medicine? Not the sharpest tool in the box are we?

Are you really saying everyone in an admin role are dumb in the NHS, because they don't practice medicine?

Are you really saying everyone in an admin role are dumb in the NHS, because they don't practice medicine?

You find a single person who was able to get into medical school but didn't because they wanted to be a secretary, then I'll concede the point. Otherwise, quite simply, yes. People in admin are "dumb" as you put it compared to the doctors. The pay differential proves as much.

You find a single person who was able to get into medical school but didn't because they wanted to be a secretary, then I'll concede the point. Otherwise, quite simply, yes. People in admin are "dumb" as you put it compared to the doctors. The pay differential proves as much.

I did not say that, you did, didn't you? Read what you wrote. Guess you don't believe everyone is equal.

Edited by phil752

:hihi::hihi:

Are you for real :suspect:

Let me just say this, I am a very healthy person, never had flu, never had a day off sick in 14 years of working amongst sick people every day....must have built up an immunity to all these diseases I guess

So I will not be having the flu jab, don’t need it, don’t want it

If ain’t ain’t broke don’t fix it eh......Unlike your brain, looks like needs sharpening :loopy::loopy:

The bickering and personal comments can stop now.

Back on topic please.

:hihi::hihi:

Are you for real :suspect:

Let me just say this, I am a very healthy person, never had flu, never had a day off sick in 14 years of working amongst sick people every day....must have built up an immunity to all these diseases I guess

So I will not be having the flu jab, don’t need it, don’t want it

If ain’t ain’t broke don’t fix it eh......Unlike your brain, looks like needs sharpening :loopy::loopy:

I"m with you shaz on this subject, hate the docs.. I"m lucky I suppose I have never suffered any kind of ill health, flu jab don"t want it.. if I"m poorly I let my body deal with it. last time I went to the docs fit as a fiddle I came out thinking I was dying. when did you last have a tetanus jab, never had one, oh you must have one, no thanks.. how much beer do you drink, I like a few, oh watch your liver, must keep an eye on your kidneys, do you smoke , yes, (now stopped 2yrs) oh that's not good.. must keep an eye on your blood pressure, its fine at the moment, that was about 10yrs ago, won"t go near the place now. Still as fit as a fiddle, docs no thanks.

I"m with you shaz on this subject, hate the docs.. I"m lucky I suppose I have never suffered any kind of ill health, flu jab don"t want it.. if I"m poorly I let my body deal with it. last time I went to the docs fit as a fiddle I came out thinking I was dying. when did you last have a tetanus jab, never had one, oh you must have one, no thanks.. how much beer do you drink, I like a few, oh watch your liver, must keep an eye on your kidneys, do you smoke , yes, (now stopped 2yrs) oh that's not good.. must keep an eye on your blood pressure, its fine at the moment, that was about 10yrs ago, won"t go near the place now. Still as fit as a fiddle, docs no thanks.

Couldn’t agree more Padders, like I say, if it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it

Our bodies will let us know :)

There is a perception out there (and it's a pretty strong one) that if you take a flu shot shot or any other shot for that matter - you'll be protected from catching the flu or the disease.

I have never taken a vaccine of any sort for like 35 years since finding out their highly toxic ingredients and I'm healthy. Speaking to others,it appears there is no correlation. A few side effects yes,some quite serious too. One old friend of mine was in bed for two weeks after having a flu vaccine. Luckily he is very fit and survived.

Big Pharma data of course will tell you the flu vaccine does offer some protection from certain strains - i take their data with a pinch of salt.