Dog bins overfull or not there anymore ?

An on the spot fine for dumping dog mess sounds an excellent idea to me

An on the spot fine for not providing proper facilities for the disposal of waste seems to me an excellent idea.

People should take it home with them anyway. The council shouldn’t be paying for clearing up after people’s pets.

They clear up after other things though. That’s why there are litter bins everywhere. It is part of the council’s remit to provide facilities for people. That includes dog walkers.

If the bins are empty, or absent, the dog owner needs to take their waste with them though.

---------- Post added 09-10-2018 at 11:12 ----------

An on the spot fine for not providing proper facilities for the disposal of waste seems to me an excellent idea.

Absolutely not. Are you expecting a bin on each corner, or something?

Dogs should wear diapers.

There is... It's called Council Tax :hihi:

Thats to cover essential services. I'm not sure why I should subsidise clearing up after other peoples lifestyle choices!

Guest makapaka
Thats to cover essential services. I'm not sure why I should subsidise clearing up after other peoples lifestyle choices!

Precisely - it’s ridiculous. Plus a bin full of dog muck in a park is disgusting as well.

What about the bins that subsidise the lifestyle choice of those who eat fast food, or have picnics?

Guest makapaka
What about the bins that subsidise the lifestyle choice of those who eat fast food, or have picnics?

You could of course go on with this forever.

Maybe I should expect a bin on my street to put the contents of my kids rabbit hutch in and then cry foul when it isn't emptied?

It's not an unreasonable expectation for the council to provide disposal of human waste. Deciding to get a pet dog and then conplaining that the council isnt satisfying your expectation for disposing of its waste is.

Maybe I should expect a bin on my street to put the contents of my kids rabbit hutch in and then cry foul when it isn't emptied?

It's not an unreasonable expectation for the council to provide disposal of human waste. Deciding to get a pet dog and then conplaining that the council isnt satisfying your expectation for disposing of its waste is.

The answer is simple really. Put a decent number of bins in public spaces. Encourage people to put any refuse in there and then empty them regularly.

No need create artificial divisions between the waste produced by a dog or by a KFC chewer.

All that with the proviso that if the bin is full you carry your dog poo/ chicken bones/ contents of rabbit hutch to the next bin, or your own bin.

The answer is simple really. Put a decent number of bins in public spaces. Encourage people to put any refuse in there and then empty them regularly.

the answer may be simple but it's less so to put it into practice. Who is going to pay for:

the bins

the employment of those who position the bins

the employment of those who empty the bins

the cost of disposal of the contents

We are going through a period of austerity whereby local authorities have been, and still are, facing huge cuts in government funding. Most services have been cut to the bone, what further cuts would you suggest in order to pay for the above?

But its the council who insist on us getting rid of it.? Wouldn't need a bin if we could leave it where it was, like fag ends, chewing gum,sports nutrition bottles etc etc.

The op did complain about normal bins being insufficient as well.

---------- Post added 09-10-2018 at 14:40 ----------

the answer may be simple but it's less so to put it into practice. Who is going to pay for:

the bins

the employment of those who position the bins

the employment of those who empty the bins

the cost of disposal of the contents

We are going through a period of austerity whereby local authorities have been, and still are, facing huge cuts in government funding. Most services have been cut to the bone, what further cuts would you suggest in order to pay for the above?

How much does it cost to jetwash the chewing gum up from the pavements or remove graffiti?

A dog can't usually help where it craps, its owner has to remove it.

Its the other moronic vandals that need taking to task for wasting council money.

Edited by willman

No need create artificial divisions between the waste produced by a dog or by a KFC chewer.

All that with the proviso that if the bin is full you carry your dog poo/ chicken bones/ contents of rabbit hutch to the next bin, or your own bin.

Hmmm... :huh:

... I'm having a bit of difficulty following the logic to your argument here.

Your proviso seems to imply that increasing the number of bins will somehow increase a person's common sense...

... and anyway, if you could get people to agree to your proviso then surely there'd be no need to increase the number of bins in the first place? :confused: