How do you see Sheffield in 5 years?

If the future is worse in 5 years they will still be blaming Thatcher ....

Jeez , has anybody mentioned an outbreak of The Plague yet?? :help: :help: :help:

I wonder if the regeneration of the Moor, which was talked about by the council before the financial crash, will have been completed?

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Not the Moor but I know what you mean :thumbsup:

There is lots of development going on in sheffield planned by intelligent people.

In five years sheffield is going to be the most developed city around.

Yep, lots of cranes on the horizon doing stuff.

For once, Sheffield's lack of past development could turn out to be a positive. Lots of opportunities with a blank canvas, and lots of opportunities to start afresh, innovate and invest.

Just need to get rid of the Sheffield Council's stranglehold on things and get some new freethinkers with fresh ideas on board.

Edited by Anna B

If its only 5 years time I really don't see much change in 'the tale of two cities', health inequalities will widen between the poorest and most affluent areas.

But we will hopefully have some new buildings, though I personally doubt it will be the most developed city nearby. Depending on the radius you want to include of course.

Never mind five years from now.

Even today many of Sheffield old pothole Road have been repaired and its getting better.

with this lot still in charge,it will be awfull,SCC needs new blood or it will get worse

Never mind five years from now.

Even today many of Sheffield old pothole Road have been repaired and its getting better.

5000 trees were cut down to compensate for 5000 potholes being filled unfortunately.

I actually love my city. If you don't, go somewhere else!

I agree. I love this city too.

SO many posters on here have never lived anywhere else and have no clue how lucky we are in Sheffield.

I have lived in Bradford so I know what I'm talking about.

All i see is

More bus lanes

More bus gates

More hatred towards motorists

I agree. I love this city too.

SO many posters on here have never lived anywhere else and have no clue how lucky we are in Sheffield.

I have lived in Bradford so I know what I'm talking about.

Me too. But part of loving it also means being angry and <removed> off at not seeing it do as well as I believe it could, and seeing a general decline in it. In 5 years time I hope it will be better; which I believe depends a lot on how people vote....

It's important to remember that criticising the city doesn't mean people don't love it. It just means they care: which is ultimately a good thing.

Edited by nikki-red