Isle of wight ferry

going to isle of wight on a job tomorrow,i know it`s in the uk so don`t need a passport but will i still need photo id to travel on the ferry ?

No you only need your ticket .Give yourself plenty of time if you are driving down as the traffic can be a nightmare .

Just went. Didn't ask for a photo.

Been many times, no passport required, parking nearby. Don't know ferry prices but hovercraft about £23I think

reminds me of an old joke "what is brown and comes steaming out of cows, the isle of Wight ferry" boom boom.

Went from Southampton to Cowes a few weeks ago with the car by Red Funnel. £48 day return. Plenty of room both ways with the holiday season all but finished. Booked when we arrived at the terminal.

It's steaming & comes out of Cowes..........

Not good ;)

you don't need a passport , you just get on and go , I was born in Ryde isle of wight , I have been going back and forth since forever. The best crossing is lymington to yarmouth

Just on that subject of a passport, do you need one to fly internally, i'e London to, say, Edinborough ?

Just on that subject of a passport, do you need one to fly internally, i'e London to, say, Edinborough ?

not sure on that , but its a domestic so possibly not , I flew from Bulawayo to Harare , no passport needed .