Eyesore-For sale signage

My son and family lived on a private estate until fairly recently. It was accessed via a drive and gates. When individual properties came up for sale the address was shown on a shared board outside, and the estate agents board was erected on the individual property. A possible solution for WPV?

At the moment we have 6 estate agent signs on the corner of Middlewood road and Middlewood Drive

Many local councils restrict the number of estate agency signs in anyone place I wonder if our council might consider something similar

If thats all you have to worry about you are lucky. Go to the city centre you have to dodge the spice addicts begging for money, the charity muggers and some random protest by the snowflakes outside the town hall.

To be honest there is more concerning things to be worried about! Knife crime, burglary and social care just to.name a few!

and the impending demise of the human race...

WPV isn't private, the roads are normal public roads, so like any other estate they could just put the boards outside the houses themselves.

There are speed bumps throughout the estate so it's less likely people will drive through on the off chance that a house for sale has sprung up.Spotting a new sign on the entrance could encourage the effort.

Yea but if there are 6 signs there at any one time you'd have to be pretty on the ball to spot a new one.

If you were that interested you'd already be following it on RightMove

If thats all you have to worry about you are lucky. Go to the city centre you have to dodge the spice addicts begging for money, the charity muggers and some random protest by the snowflakes outside the town hall.

I was simply making an observation and I am sure there are other threads should I wish to comment on the spice addicts and the like

Anyway thanks for the feedback it is much appreciated.

First world problems!

Couldn't agree more

I have been passed your report to investigate and take appropriate action on.

I have inspected Middlewood Road at its junction with Middlewood Drive and we have written to the companies concerned to request the removal of their illegal signage.

Middlewood Road will again be inspected this week and we shall be requesting the removal of the signs by Sheffield City Councils contractor.

I trust my email answers your query concerning this matter at this time.

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Dennis Wyatt

Dennis Wyatt

Engineer

Highways Network Management

Town Hall (room G36)

Pinstone Street

Sheffield

S1 2HH

So, contacting the council works, who'd have thought?

I just hope that the council do not just restrict their reaction to this one site and that they ask estate agents to follow the rules across the city

I just hope that the council do not just restrict their reaction to this one site and that they ask estate agents to follow the rules across the city

Given our experience in Stannington, members of the public would need to report each instance of signs on public land. The estate agents were asked to remove the ones at the end of our road, including ours, but 2 weeks later more signs arrived.

You can ask the agents but I think they sub-contract sign erection and it's those sub-contractors who are flouting the rules.

Well if it is illegal the council should prosecute the agents: simple

This continual passing of the buck to avoid responsibility is a feature of life these days with many companies hiding behind the fact they have sub contracted something.

---------- Post added 15-11-2018 at 11:29 ----------

Well a week on and there are still 5 boards up and some clown selling Christmas trees has attached a board on the traffic light