Eyesore-For sale signage

They do, it just needs someone to report it. As it's the public highway there shouldn't be any so if you're really bothered then a simple 'phone call will get it sorted.

I wonder how many council vehicles , council workers and council officials and of course our Councillors have driven past this and simply turned a blind eye.

It is trivial that is to be sure and I am not suggesting otherwise but all that is needed is for the council to remind estate agents of the rules or better still authorise their workers simple to remove and destroy the offending boards

I fully understand the phrase, thanks.

I just don't like people belittling an issue that concerns somebody. If the issue isn't of interest, don't post in tne thread, simple.

Mosst threads on here are in a similar vain.

People who think other peoples concerns are trivial can just post in more noble threads imo.

I wonder how many council vehicles , council workers and council officials and of course our Councillors have driven past this and simply turned a blind eye.

It is trivial that is to be sure and I am not suggesting otherwise but all that is needed is for the council to remind estate agents of the rules or better still authorise their workers simple to remove and destroy the offending boards

They still need to be reported, doesn't matter by whom. Try it.

Guest makapaka
Yes. I think so. The estate agent signs being complianed about seem a sign of affluence rather than deprivation.

How’s that then? What indicator of affluence are permanent to let signs?

At the moment we have 6 estate agent signs on the corner of Middlewood road and Middlewood Drive

Many local councils restrict the number of estate agency signs in anyone place I wonder if our council might consider something similar

let us know how you get on, there are plenty of billboards in S4 and S5 that I want to get rid of.

let us know how you get on, there are plenty of billboards in S4 and S5 that I want to get rid of.

Just contact the council and they'll sort it out.

One of our neighbours in Stannington complained about some on Acorn Drive and they were removed the next day.

Seriously?

Just contact the council and they'll sort it out.

One of our neighbours in Stannington complained about some on Acorn Drive and they were removed the next day.

Under what power can the council demand the removal of estate agent signs in gardens?

To be honest there is more concerning things to be worried about! Knife crime, burglary and social care just to.name a few!

That sounds like a great excuse for people to get away with allsorts...why should the council cut the grass regularly? theres knife crime going on which is more important...don't moan about the trains being late, there's burglaries talking place. :loopy:

Under what power can the council demand the removal of estate agent signs in gardens?

Where has anyone mentioned estate agent signs in gardens?

At the moment we have 6 estate agent signs on the corner of Middlewood road and Middlewood Drive

Where else are the signs? The normal place to see them would be outside houses, in the garden.

---------- Post added 07-10-2018 at 19:38 ----------

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.417368,-1.5121434,3a,75y,208.93h,73.61t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1skMvZS9OXrAucyKAkAWJ0Vg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Oh, I see. These have been stuck in the verge.

The council can presumably just remove them since they've been abandoned on property that the council owns...

Guest makapaka
Where else are the signs? The normal place to see them would be outside houses, in the garden.

---------- Post added 07-10-2018 at 19:38 ----------

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.417368,-1.5121434,3a,75y,208.93h,73.61t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1skMvZS9OXrAucyKAkAWJ0Vg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Oh, I see. These have been stuck in the verge.

The council can presumably just remove them since they've been abandoned on property that the council owns...

They’re also back to back in broomhill which is a conservation area.