Low flying plane over rotherham 22:35

Bloody Sheffield star quote me above WORD FOR WORD lol

I thought I'd seen your first post somewhere else, so that's where they get the news from then!!!

Heard a low flying plane over Stannington last night.

---------- Post added 05-10-2018 at 15:55 ----------

I once warned users of SF about a scammer driving around S6 selling fake mattresses. The Star quoted my post but I was glad in case someone wasn’t an internet user but read The Star.

Great stuff, you are famous at last!

I heard it too and thought it was the Russian transporter that can only land at Doncaster in this part of the world. Glad it's on an aid mission.

For anyone who is interested, according to flightradar24 the aeroplane was registered to Silk Way Airlines, Baku, Azerbaijan. The aircraft is particularly suited to disaster relief (Wikipedia).

Well done to all the people who organised this. It can't have been an easy task.

Edited by Jomie

Do they have permission to do that? :huh:

I'd suggest suing them, but you wouldn't be able to, you don't own anything you put on SF.

Back on topic, there are enough threads about The Star.

Yep heard whatever it was flying low over Shiregreen - also thought the worst for a moment till it gained height!

I'm presuming it used Doncaster because of the increased length of the runway:confused::confused::confused: It sounded a hell of a beast.

I heard this too from Hillsborough and thought it was unusual. Looked on Flightradar and saw it was this Russian cargo plane taking off from Doncaster but with no stated destination. It was around 15000 feet and slowly climbing, it was heading west over Oughtibridge and turned south around Castleton, I watched it head down towards Staffordshire before losing interest.

I didn't think it was particularly newsworthy though until I saw it mentioned on the Star website and looked on here!