Arundel Gate Closed 3/10/18 from Midnight

Yes I'm shocked that the cladding is falling off so quickly from St. Pauls !! I'd be worried if I had an apartment there ...

What goes up must come down.

Went for few viewings in City Lofts earlier this year ...all the flats, on one side of the building, had cracks in their windows...and wasn’t being fixed as was still being established as to whom would pay for it all.

So in light of the incident in London, am surprised if not related to this issue.

It was built with an intended 30 year lifespan, so is getting on for half its time now

It was built with an intended 30 year lifespan, so is getting on for half its time now

The actual lifespan of something and the lifespan it wil get in the end is a very interesting aspect to observe and study in yorkshire and sheffield. Northern trains is one of them.

Really?:o Wow so you pay your 25 year mortgage off and 5 years later its ready to be pulled down :huh:

Really?:o Wow so you pay your 25 year mortgage off and 5 years later its ready to be pulled down :huh:

That's neo-liberalism for you. You need planned obsolescence. If things were built to last, it would all go Man In The White Suit.

I'm not sure many/any of those flats are owner owned. They are all buy-to-lets

With regard to life of structures it's more to do with the initial design criteria, construction costs and appearance rather than planned obsolescence.