Arundel Gate Closed 3/10/18 from Midnight

Heads up, Arundel Gate closed due to loose cladding St Pauls Apartments, traffic will be chaos in morning and buses diverted and no pedestrian access from Charles St to Howard St.

Thanks for the heads up. As far as I can see there's no sign of any cladding actually having fallen, but it looks like the road could be closed for some time.

Yesterday someone died in london after a window came down a tower.

Better be safe than sorry.

It has been little windy and sheffield has lots of old cladding at many places.

Edited by dutch

Yesterday someone died in london after a window came down a tower.

Better be safe than sorry.

It has been little windy and sheffield has lots of old cladding at many places.

St Paul's Tower, hardly old is it. :roll: But, I did notice that some of the facing, on the old T J Hughes building, had come loose and fallen off - it looks like marble, heavy stuff. Luckily no damage done to the public at large.

Thanks for the heads up. As far as I can see there's no sign of any cladding actually having fallen, but it looks like the road could be closed for some time.

No problem, rope team were due 7am they had to refix or remove loose section the inspect rest before all clear.

That building was so cheaply and shoddily put together, I'm surprised it's lasted 10 years

That building was so cheaply and shoddily put together, I'm surprised it's lasted 10 years

:hihi:

Seriously though, that’s Sheffield’s flagship city centre building, is that.

It’s also one of our two only tower buildings that could justifiably be called skyscrapers.

I’ll thank you to show it a little more respect :|

Remember the initial design was going to be covered in what looked like copper sheets that were going to age gracefully & so the building would be a myriad of differing colours & reflect the sunlight.

Half way through the developer said too expensive, SCC, you either let us put cheaper nrown cladding on or we walk away leaving a half built building.

Remember the initial design was going to be covered in what looked like copper sheets that were going to age gracefully & so the building would be a myriad of differing colours & reflect the sunlight.

Half way through the developer said too expensive, SCC, you either let us put cheaper nrown cladding on or we walk away leaving a half built building.

Yes! Designed by Conran & Partners was how it was sold to us (if its possible to claim to have designed a rectangle!)

Properly shafted on that one! Other than its scale it has no visual merit at all.

SCC didn't have to approve but they have no balls apart from messing up town

SCC didn't have to approve but they have no balls apart from messing up town

Dear God !

Here we go AGAIN !

Give us all a break. This so boring and repetitive.

Edited by Daven