Jump to content
We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Details to follow.

Problem with a Used Car Dealer in Sheffield

Recommended Posts

I would never buy a car from a "pitch"   a lot of these people are co men and cowboys.  Take the money and run.     I  hope you have better luck  next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/07/2019 at 11:20, geared said:

if they don't pay the CCJ in the 28 days (28 working days or 28 calendar days???) then don't mess around any further, upgrade the CCJ to a high court writ.

The Sheriffs have much more power to collect the money owed so you don't have to faf around.

 

Looks like a £60 court fee to the high court is what you pay, this will be claimed back from the debtor anyway.

 

https://www.courtenforcementservices.co.uk/services/ccjs-transferring-high-court/

 

https://thesheriffsoffice.com/articles/transferring_up_-_a_guide

they still have to have seizable assets to be successful, it looks like here we are dealing with "brothers" so its likely the assets are not in the named defendants name or company???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Borista336 said:

they still have to have seizable assets to be successful, it looks like here we are dealing with "brothers" so its likely the assets are not in the named defendants name or company???

Have you read post 48, I dont think she would have a problem, and please try to be a little more optimistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kidley said:

Have you read post 48, I dont think she would have a problem, and please try to be a little more optimistic.

yes read it and why wont she have a problem?? not a chance of recovering her money, would put money on it, they would have paid by now if they had any intention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheriffs aren't fools. They'll have seen every trick tried in the book.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a chance of recovering the money it's just that some people will delay payment until the very last minute.  The people we are dealing with have previously been in prison for fraud  so I suppose them paying up depends very much on how well they want their reputation to be now.  Hopefully they might be wanting to turn themselves around and pay up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, katekate said:

There is a chance of recovering the money it's just that some people will delay payment until the very last minute.  The people we are dealing with have previously been in prison for fraud  so I suppose them paying up depends very much on how well they want their reputation to be now.  Hopefully they might be wanting to turn themselves around and pay up.

In the nicest possible way, you did go to the bottom of the barrel for your car  

 

My Bold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kidley said:

In the nicest possible way, you did go to the bottom of the barrel for your car  

 

My Bold

Perhaps the information about these people going to prison has only come to the ops  attention after they took the course of action they took 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/07/2019 at 11:20, geared said:

if they don't pay the CCJ in the 28 days (28 working days or 28 calendar days???) then don't mess around any further, upgrade the CCJ to a high court writ.

The Sheriffs have much more power to collect the money owed so you don't have to faf around.

A word of caution here.

 

Most dodgy car dealers trade from a rented pitch and offices (often a shipping container) and never re-register any of their vehicles until they are sold, therefore a bailiff can have as much power as they want but if there are literally no assets to seize then it is hard to recover the debt. Unless of course, they are stupid enough to arrive at work in their top of the range BMW or Range Rover the bailiffs will generally walk away empty handed.

 

Dodgy mechanics are easier to deal with as they usually have one or two pieces of expensive equipment that can be seized such as diagnostics machines  or specialist tools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rudds1 said:

Perhaps the information about these people going to prison has only come to the ops  attention after they took the course of action they took 

i would certainly think it had, i dont think she would have gone any where near them if she had known  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, katekate said:

There is a chance of recovering the money it's just that some people will delay payment until the very last minute.  The people we are dealing with have previously been in prison for fraud  so I suppose them paying up depends very much on how well they want their reputation to be now.  Hopefully they might be wanting to turn themselves around and pay up.

sorry but you really are kidding yourself, convicted fraudsters and you think they will be bothered about baliffs??? dont hold your breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The op has now proceeded on the legal path with this issue. Speculation and rhetoric and bickering won't add anything to her cause.

So i would politely like to close this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.