Problem with a Used Car Dealer in Sheffield

7 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

But this does then raise the question...

... 'Why does the forum allow similar posts that highlight the incompetence of the council, and Amey, and politicians, and The Star...' :confused:

This is the difference between a negative opinion (but just in factual terms) and the 'naming and shaming'. 

People are, of course, at liberty to not like anything at all, and for any or all reasons.  What they are NOT allowed to do on this forum is to make wild claims that they can't substantiate.

We remove posts which are potentially defamatory about the council, Amey and politicians too.  If you have seen a post which you believe to be defamatory or libellous please report it and the moderating team will remove it.

This is my final word on this BTW.  It's a forum rule and it's not likely to be changed.

Thanks for replying and not just deleting my post. :thumbsup:

Problems with used car dealers? How is this even possible? 😯

Result of court hearing - today we went to the court hearing and the judge ruled in our favour.  It was a 3 hour battle but we got the result we wanted.  Not sure if I can name the company in here though, moderators?  Anyone wanting to go to the small claims court please be aware that it is not an easy process.  I was told it was a process designed to be simple enough to do without the need for a solicitor but it's actually quite a difficult process.

1 minute ago, katekate said:

Result of court hearing - today we went to the court hearing and the judge ruled in our favour.  It was a 3 hour battle but we got the result we wanted.  Not sure if I can name the company in here though, moderators?  Anyone wanting to go to the small claims court please be aware that it is not an easy process.  I was told it was a process designed to be simple enough to do without the need for a solicitor but it's actually quite a difficult process.

Least you stuck to your  principles  And won.  Well done  

4 minutes ago, katekate said:

Well Done KateKate you are to be admired.

Thank you.  It's not been easy and we still await payment but we've got over one hurdle.  They gave the other party 28 days to pay up so I will let you all know if we get the money.

Cheers KateKate and good luck, i will keep myself up to date and keep looking on this post

Well done!

It is totally your call whether you want to name them but legally if you have a copy of the County Court Judgement, you may use any name that they are trading under in the judgement as long as you stick solely to the matters brought before the court and not anything else.

If they shape up tricky over the payment, you should threaten to name them on here with the words “I was awarded £XYZ against Bodge-it-and Run Motors on 26 July 2019 after they sold me a car that was blah, blah, blah and despite being given 28 days to pay up, today I haven’t received a penny.”

Well done you for standing up for your rights! 😀

Well done for sticking at it. It's very difficult  doing the small claims thing, but what I would say to people is don't be scared and out off.

Your entitled to claim if there is justification.

I've had to do this against a large dealer in Sheffield, sells Vauxhall cars, won and struggled still to get payment.

In the end it went to the enforcement officers to deal with, which is a another difficult route, but was very quickly sorted at that stage and ended up costing the dealer more

3 minutes ago, haddy said:

I've had to do this against a large dealer in Sheffield, sells Vauxhall cars, won and struggled still to get payment.

In the end it went to the enforcement officers to deal with, which is a another difficult route, but was very quickly sorted at that stage and ended up costing the dealer more

You are better off with a large organisation as they are much less likely to close down their entire operation for the sake of a relatively minor debt.

Also, they usually have public premises which you can enter without a warrant. I remember seeing one of those daft  bailiffs’ programmes where they were enforcing a judgement against BT. They went to BT’s City of London headquarters in Newgate St and threatened to seize goods to the value (computer equipment). The BT flunky said that these terminals were part of a multi million pound system. “Brilliant, we’ll have them!” the bailiff said. I’ve never seen a cheque for £5K written so quickly! 😂 

I'm hoping they pay up without a problem, surely they don't want their business to get a bad reputation.  Let's say i'll keep their name quiet if they pay up on time.