Steel City beer & cider festival 2018

What time will the beer start to run dry on the Saturday? Mostly interested in the Keg this year.

Some great beer on show. Feeling the effects today tho.... :gag:

Same here. Good job I booked the day off

We ran into Mr "Why can't beer taste like beer?" yesterday. He blathered on about how much better Nottingham's festival is, bemoaned the fact that lots of beers tasted of mango and tea then took himself off for some Bradfield Stout.

We ran into Mr "Why can't beer taste like beer?" yesterday. He blathered on about how much better Nottingham's festival is, bemoaned the fact that lots of beers tasted of mango and tea then took himself off for some Bradfield Stout.

#makebeergreatagain

Think beer of the night for me was a close call between magic rock guavarita vice, abbeydale bourbon barrel aged lost souls, and Northern Monk death single coffee edition.

Edited by slh73

Haha, that could have been me - milds and porters all night long. Fellow quaffers kept pushing glasses of stuff at me that smelled of citrus-branded floor cleaning products but I managed to resist...

#makebeergreatagain

Think beer of the night for me was a close call between magic rock guavarita vice, abbeydale bourbon barrel aged lost souls, and Northern Monk death single coffee edition.

I think I scored the Northern Monk Death very highly along with Siren's Uncle Zester

What time will the beer start to run dry on the Saturday? Mostly interested in the Keg this year.

Keg bar sold out last night. Plenty of everything else left

Keg bar is always busy and liable to get drunk dry.

---------- Post added 13-10-2018 at 16:25 ----------

I think I scored the Northern Monk Death very highly along with Siren's Uncle Zester

The beer I liked most at the festival was Good Chemistry Kokomo Weekday. Just a really nice unfined pale ale. Also liked Almasty Brut IPA a lot.

Was disappointed with this. Didn't end up going because we didn't want to drink cask all afternoon.

Was disappointed with this. Didn't end up going because we didn't want to drink cask all afternoon.

Well it sends a strong message to Sheffield CAMRA about what local punters want to drink. I probably had more from keg than cask. Maybe that room is too small for the keg bar now; or there need to be backups to replenish it regularly.