Anyone missing a blue Fiat Seicento?

Because there's one parked kind of up a wall and against a telegraph pole in Stocksbridge.

I suspect it might have been stolen and the thieves did a runner after crashing into the wall.

Either that or someone has crashed it and just hasn't bothered recovering it!

Have you asked the police?

Have you asked the police?

Not sure anyone's got 45 minutes spare to ring 101.

Only to be told, when you finally get through, its one of the many many things the police don't deal with anymore.

Would be as much use as posting it on Sheffield Forum in that case.

Not sure anyone's got 45 minutes spare to ring 101.

Only to be told, when you finally get through, its one of the many many things the police don't deal with anymore.

How very public spirited of you.

I would hazard a guess that had you been unfortunate enough to have your car stolen you would be thankful that someone had taken the time to do what you can't be bothered to do. Nice.

What a terrible thread :rolleyes:

Same could be said for many threads on SF these days.

It used to be such a good place to be.

This reminds me of a story in news a few years back. There was a car crash, the car went into a ditch, and it was a busy road.

Everybody assumed the police where aware, and I guess the police assumed somebody was dealing with the recovery. Anyway a few days passed, and nobody bothered checking inside, to find the driver was still inside and badly injured, and she later died.

If there’s a crashed car that looks like it’s been left, the police usually put a sign on it, confirming they are aware. If there’s no sign, I would guess they are not aware.

Oops, not been on here for a while.

No, I didn't report the car to the police. It was on a busy road, so I'm sure someone did as it was gone the day after. And it was empty when my partner saw it at 4am.

I have reported an abandoned car to the police before, but it was in a more remote location. It turned out (from starting a thread on here) that the car was stolen from Deepcar and ended up at Foxhill.