Car upside down at forty foot pub

Anyone know what actually happened? Who it may have been? Road is almost cleared now

Anyone know what actually happened? Who it may have been? Road is almost cleared now

A bit more detail might be helpful to work out what you're talking about :hihi:

Could have been caused by rubber necking, maybe the driver saw more than eight people drinking in there.

One would say a car has over turned!

Probably launched off the take off ramps there and not made it into the air.

Probably launched off the take off ramps there and not made it into the air.

Does anyone know if the council has had many claims for damage from those speed humps after that stretch of Wordsworth was resurfaced?

Large yellow warning signs seem to have appeared on most of the lamp posts there. :suspect:

Could have been caused by rubber necking, maybe the driver saw more than eight people drinking in there.

the forty foot was a very popular pub when ted ran it

Does anyone know if the council has had many claims for damage from those speed humps after that stretch of Wordsworth was resurfaced?

Large yellow warning signs seem to have appeared on most of the lamp posts there. :suspect:

The speed bumps are going to be reduced because of safety concerns, a mate lives near the pub and all they hear through the night is cars bottoming out, they have seen plenty hit the bumps that have been stopped dead in their tracks and have needed towing away.

The speed bumps are going to be reduced because of safety concerns, a mate lives near the pub and all they hear through the night is cars bottoming out, they have seen plenty hit the bumps that have been stopped dead in their tracks and have needed towing away.

Thanks.

I think that they need reprofiling rather than reducing in height. They aren't that high but the leading edge is very steep and it is more like driving up onto a high kerb rather than a speed hump.

I hope that the clowns that did them won't be charging the council to redo them. :suspect:

Just out of interest is anybody actually bothered about the health of the occupants of the car. This place is very dark sometimes!

Thanks.

I think that they need reprofiling rather than reducing in height. They aren't that high but the leading edge is very steep and it is more like driving up onto a high kerb rather than a speed hump.

I hope that the clowns that did them won't be charging the council to redo them. :suspect:

Lets hope so, you are right though, reprofiling rather than reducing is the way forward, my workmate hit the one just before the Cookson Rd junction as you approach Herries Rd and he did about £200 of damage to his car, he said he was only doing 20 but as aggressive as the bumps are I reckon he was doing about 40.

Just out of interest is anybody actually bothered about the health of the occupants of the car. This place is very dark sometimes!

Welł given that no one has actually provided any information about how the car ended up on its roof we don't know whether anyone was even in the car when it was rolled.