Keyboard player wanting to start new band

I am a 47 year old keyboard player who up until recently was in a blues/rock cover band which just folded. I am looking to start a new band and am looking for drummer, bass player, lead & rhythm guitar/ vocals. I am wanting to practice every other week and do approximately 10-12 gigs a year. I guess I’d say I was pub band sort of standard. I can sing a bit but wouldn’t say I was lead main singer material but can do the odd one or so. The kind ofstuff I did in the other band was:

Stereophonic- Dakota

The Eagles- Already Gone

Dr Feelgood- Everbodys carrying a gun

Kt tunstall- Black Horse & Cherry tree

Robert Cray- Right Next Door

JJ cale- Lies

Proud Mary- Credence

In other words, a right mix! Would like to do stuff like Tempted by Squeeze but equally up for Stone Roses, Oasis & Pulp. I guess I’m looking for like-minded guys or gals of a similar vintage who are up for taking it a bit seriously but not too much and are up for doing a few gigs in pubs/ parties etc where we can. If you’re up for that, please get in touch.

Hi,

If your still looking we could be exactly what your looking for.

PM me for a further chat.

Hello, I've read your link and I'm in a band called Soulfaces who are looking for a keyboard player. We're a 5 piece band that have mostly been doing soul and Motown type stuff, as the name suggests, mostly at functions or city centre venues. We still want to keep this up, but recently we've been rehearsing less commercial songs with a view to doing more pubs and for our own enjoyment. The line up is: guitar,bass,sax,drums and singer(down from an 8 piece) and feel a Keyboard would fill the sound out. We rehearse on a regular basis, so if you're interested get in touch. Thanks, Alan.

Alan- thanks for your reply. I looked you guys up and you sound pretty good!! Looking at your backgrounds you sound pretty professional to me! I’m up for meeting up and seeing how we get on if you are. However, it’s probably only fair to let you know my own situation. Whilst I’m keen to play and do stuff, I do have a full time job and very young family to support so my ability to practice and gig is limited. I could do once a week for practice and a gig every month but that’s probably about it. Let me know what you think. If you think this is a non- starter then no worries. Best wishes Paul

Hello this is Alan from soul faces. I replied to your response re gigs,rehearsal and family etc., but there was an error reported. We don't do a great many gigs these days and we practice most Mondays at Attic studios( 5.30-8pm).We need someone basically to fill the sound. they're a good bunch of guys, get back to us if you fancy it, Thanks, Alan.

Sent you a PM Stopper.

---------- Post added 23-10-2018 at 20:00 ----------

Steve (st135).

The message was addressed to stopper (stopperstoke - keyboard player).

Cheers.

Hi Stopper

I am interested in the vocal side of this if you are still looking, Tempted / squeeze is one of my all time favourites.

I am 51 and by no means a Pro singer but would love the opportunity to try out. Message me if this is of interest to you

Hi. If this is of interest please let me know. 

I hope you don't mind if I post this here please remove if not within the remit.

KEYBOARD PLAYER REQUIRED
We're an established prog covers and originals project based in South Yorkshire. You must have a genuine love/appreciation for Marillion/Floyd/Genesis/Yes/Rush and the genre in general, able to commit to practice most weeks, in Sheffield and gig weekends mainly, no less than 2 or 3 a month average.

We're all experienced and are serious about this project, we are the best (and only) in the region, well known and anticipate regular gigs in 2019 around Yorkshire, Notts, Derbyshire, Manchester with a view to further afield. Some gigs are waiting, these nearly always will be paid but money shared between 5 or put back into gear so if you're only into earning a living please don't apply as we perceive the band above the individual.

There is no pressure to learn the whole set in a short space of time as our current keys player is leaving in the new year 2019 but we would like to make start asap.

We don't require vast experience, expensive gear* or even a Sheffielder  just a reliable, honest and communicative team player that can satisfy and commit to the above.
*gear must be adequate and hold several timbres but tons of gear not essential

Interested? Contact me through PM (comments underneath could be overlooked) for more information and set details.