51 cancelled two Friday nights in a row

Last week I was waiting three quarters of an hour in the cold for the 51 to Lodge Moor. The one I was supposed to get never turned up and the next one was 15 minutes late. I'd have been sat waiting again if it wasn't for a group of people walking past who told me it said cancelled at the nearest stop with an electronic sign. This service is just a complete and utter joke. Is there any way of finding out if a bus isn't going to turn up if your at a stop with no live updates?

I had a 72 go missing today and two 95's.

Over 90 minutes later back home than I should have been. That's privatisation for you.

Guest busdriver1

Over 90 minutes later back home than I should have been. That's privatisation for you.

Try living in Rotherham, since our local depot closed and everything is run from Sheffield the service that used to be pretty good has gone to pot. The X1 that is supposed to be every 10 minutes may average out as that but it is common to see 3, 4 or even 5 running together leaving a "nice" gap after them or before as the case may be. The best I have seen so far was 6 in a row, thats an hours worth in 2 minutes.

Catching a bus from Maltby to Rotherham in the rush hour is a joke with 3 or 4 running past out of service together every day. Pleased I do not have to rely on it.

This is not Fridays, this is every night without fail.

Last week I was waiting three quarters of an hour in the cold for the 51 to Lodge Moor. The one I was supposed to get never turned up and the next one was 15 minutes late. I'd have been sat waiting again if it wasn't for a group of people walking past who told me it said cancelled at the nearest stop with an electronic sign. This service is just a complete and utter joke. Is there any way of finding out if a bus isn't going to turn up if your at a stop with no live updates?

Those electronic signs just lie.

Try this link on your mobile and select whichever stop is most appropriate, they're usually a bit more accurate.

http://gettheresooner.travelsouthyorkshire.com/Naptan.aspx?t=stoppointsdetails&vc=51&Dest=Charnock%20-%20Lodge%20Moor%20&Direction=2&Operator=MNL&format=xhtml&ServiceNumber=51&DestinationName=Charnock%20-%20Lodge%20Moor%20&ServiceCode=YSAO051

I'm just waiting for the clocks to change. It's the annual sign for my bus service to start disappearing without a trace.

Edited by Funky_Gibbon

First were 25 vehicles short and 29 drivers short for yesterday’s PM peak period alone. Shocking way to run a business and they they wonder why people are reverting back to cars and making alternative travel arrangements... A chocolate fire guard is of more use.

Remember you can use the YourNextBus tracking service for live departures. This can be done both online or through texting your bus stop no. (370*****) to 64422 or METRO (63876). Online web address is http://yournextbus.wymetro.com/

Remember if it is a regular occurrence you can send your evidence/findings off to the Traffic Commissioner on Harehills Lane in Leeds who all operators are accountable for as this is who grants them the licence to run services - and if there is a failure to comply or they regularly fall below the criteria (95% of all trips need to be between 1 min early and 5 mins late from a timing point) then sanctions can be imposed upon the said company. Bus Users UK are also a good intermediating body to go through too, if you have complained and have received no response or an unsatisfactory response.

Also look at First South Yorkshire’s Twitter page, nothing but complaint after complaint. Doesn’t portray their business very well and it’s no wonder that 95% of all their drivers look so miserable... No wonder they are struggling as a business with this simple lack of customer care!

Try living in Rotherham, since our local depot closed and everything is run from Sheffield the service that used to be pretty good has gone to pot. The X1 that is supposed to be every 10 minutes may average out as that but it is common to see 3, 4 or even 5 running together leaving a "nice" gap after them or before as the case may be. The best I have seen so far was 6 in a row, thats an hours worth in 2 minutes.

Catching a bus from Maltby to Rotherham in the rush hour is a joke with 3 or 4 running past out of service together every day. Pleased I do not have to rely on it.

This is not Fridays, this is every night without fail.

Have to agree about the X1. Saw yesterday 2 groups of 3 buses following each other

in years gone by many a driver was sacked for there bus not running on time,howtimes change,

in years gone by many a driver was sacked for there bus not running on time,howtimes change,

I worked on the buses 1963 to 2004. and can"t recall one driver being sacked for not running on time.

And to think we might get rid of the tram and replace it with buses - at least the tram is reasonably reliable even it the information on the dot matrix is a joke

I used to use the 51 now & again, until First left me stranded at Lodge Moor late at night on two consecutive occasions after I'd used the 51 to get over there from Gleadless Townend. I complained on both occasions & First replied that they'd pulled the service due to a shortage of drivers in both instances.

After that I just totally gave up on the "service".

It's appalling.

Not being funny but rather than complaining on SF, have you complained to South Yorkshire Public Transport Executive?

http://www.sypte.co.uk/corporate.aspx?id=2712

Or your local councillors / MP is this is a persistent problem?

learn to drive and buy a car.