We lived there for 3 years and we liked it. But then we liked the peace and quiet and we don't go out drinking. We loved that we could leave things in our garden without worrying it was going to get pinched. We loved how it was near to clumber park for picnics. The town centre was okay if you just wanted a few items and even better that the parking fee's were cheap.

I used to go to the job centre to fix the computers and stuff every now and again and I can't say I was very impressed with the place. I suppose I did not get to meet a fair cross section of the population, just the unemployed and some job centre staff, I have never felt the desire to go back!

Berries music shop too.Fantastic shop,it all depends what your after.You cant really compare anything with the likes of meadow hell.Even sheffield town centres not that good..:)

upto yet 66 people have viewed the thread... but only VERY few have responded.. so not only are people not visiting Worksop..but also avoiding dicussing it haha

'nuff said! :P

We lived there for 3 years and we liked it. But then we liked the peace and quiet and we don't go out drinking. We loved that we could leave things in our garden without worrying it was going to get pinched. We loved how it was near to clumber park for picnics. The town centre was okay if you just wanted a few items and even better that the parking fee's were cheap.

i guess people living in worksop are lucky to live so close to the Countryside.. it only takes a few minutes drive out of town to Clumber Park.

The Parking isnt that cheap :rant: esp for a town center that as litttle to offer.. Wilkinsons is ok, needs a litttle face lift tho.. and some totty working behind the tills lol maybe a few mantonites haha

hiya, i live smack bang in the middle of Chesterfield and Worksop, to drive to worksop takes me around 9 minutes in a car, and Chesterfield it takes about 20, but, i would go to Chesterfield everytime, Worksop is awful, ive only ever been on one night out there, and i will never go again!i know where your coming from Sherpa!

Hey Grownsy.. you could always bob in to Clowne :hihi: thats as a stunning Town Center and is a great night out..

i guess people living in worksop are lucky to live so close to the Countryside.. it only takes a few minutes drive out of town to Clumber Park.

Yes, but with respect there are hardly any places in the country that can beat Sheffield for the proximity and quality of the countryside.So I am afraid Worksop loses out again.

PS.My ex:) boss :gag: lives there so that is one more negative thing.

I was there on a job a few months ago and I remember walking through the town centre at lunchtime, trying to find anywhere that wasn't a greasy spoon. There seemed to be at least twenty places advertising artery-clogging all-day-breakfasts and nothing else...

Lived in Worksop for 8 years from the late 1980's to mid 1990's - the town was a complete dump then. Nominated the place for Crap Towns - baffles me how it didn't get in when slightly better places like Ashford, Kent did.

Poor old Worksop. I'd think it's OK as a place to live. There are limited amenities: probably as the surrounding towns are just slightly too near for it to develop a strong catchment area of its own. And Clumber Park is just on the doorstep.

I can't say I endorse matsalleh's comment:

with respect there are hardly any places in the country that can beat Sheffield for the proximity and quality of the countryside

The whole Sheffield and Derbyshire thing is somewhat over-hyped.

Monsal Dale, for example, on a sunny day is superb. But quite a bit of the time the bleak moors and dreary dry stone walls can be :gag:.

I don't mind worksop - my boyfriend is the musical director for their operatic society so I spend a fair few hours in the Regal watching their productions. Wouldn't want to go there for a proper night out mind, went to a karaoke there once and this girl tried to pick a fight with me because I was "too gooda singer fur a karoooke"...nice.

Ahhh ive lived in sop since i was little. Its basically thee worst town ive ever come across (other than Barnsley). I do spend a fair part of my time in sheffield becuase there is more to do, more to see and the people seem to be happier. Sop has a huge drug problem to, with more heroin addicts per percentage of population than any other area in the country. I live on a housing estate that is populated by familys who have moved out of sheffield and couldnt give a toss about the town, and lets face it, why would they?

A night out in the town centre isnt so bad, but with a lack of nightlife were all forced to go to the ikon (the only club in town, above woolies). Its like a shed with flashing lights and rubbish music.

Worksop does have plus points though, the bypass......