How to get too Charles Clifford Hospital from railway station?

Hi,

I have an appointment at the Charles Clifford Dental Hospital I don't know Sheffield very well so no idea where the hospital is . I have had look at their website but it was very vague. I will be using the train to Sheffield so would need too know how to get from the railway station to the hospital I am a wheelchair user.

Thank you in advance.

ion

Hi,

I have an appointment at the Charles Clifford Dental Hospital I don't know Sheffield very well so no idea where the hospital is . I have had look at their website but it was very vague. I will be using the train to Sheffield so would need too know how to get from the railway station to the hospital I am a wheelchair user.

Thank you in advance.

Taxi outside the Station might be the best bet.?

Angel1.

ion

Taxi outside the Station might be the best bet.?

Angel1.

Yeh don’t think there’s a direct bus. Taxi would be about £6 at most?

Tram up to the University...then walk up from there....or a 52 bus...

Tram up to the University...then walk up from there....or a 52 bus...

OP is a wheelchair user.

Angel1.

Guest makapaka
Hi,

Thank you in advance.

You need to get a taxi really.

Not cos of distance but it will be awkward to get to bus stops etc in a wheelchair from the station.

I doubt it will be much more than £5 private / £6 black cab

Thanks for the replies didn't realise the hospital was that far from the train station looks like it's going too be a taxi.

walk to the centre get the 51 0r 52 get off at childrens hospital its sign posted from there

walk to the centre get the 51 0r 52 get off at childrens hospital its sign posted from there

If he/she walks to the centre what does he/she do with his/her wheelchair:huh:

Edited by kidneystone

Exit Sheffield station at Supertram stop via 2 lifts. Supertram (blue or purple) are easily wheelchair accessible with space.

Get off at the Cathedral and cross to the 51/52 bus stop (20m level)

The 51 and 52 and bus are very frequent, 'kneeling', ramp fitted with wheelchair space.

Alight at Weston Park Hospital 20m rise on good pavement, corner onto Tree Root Walk then level then downslope 150m.

Return by 52 bus to Leopold Street then 100m level and slight up to City Hall tram stop 200m downhill to Cathedral tram stop or

Carry on 52 to Sheffield Hallam stop level 20m across and 300m downhill all the way via Howard Street to the station.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

Yes taxi the best option apart from anything else it can be a little tricky to navigate round there.