Cycling World Championship bypassing Sheffield

Sheffield doesn't need anymore speeding reckless cyclists.

During the Tory imposed austerity the Chinese investment arrived to the sum of £1B.

Imagine the advertsiing benefit of Sheffield being seen in a sporting contest by ober 170 countries world wide.

The consequences of which couid be limitless in terms of investment withn the City. But it's not to happen because we have small minded, unimaginative local councillors who simply fail us at evry turn.

So what limitless investment did we get from the Tour de France?

So what limitless investment did we get from the Tour de France?

The Tour de France's visit to the United Kingdom this summer was watched by crowds totalling 4.8 million people and generated revenues of around £128m, a report has found.

It said a quarter of everyone living in the Yorkshire and the Humber region came out to watch and the Tour attracted 113,000 visitors from outside the UK, generating £33m for the UK economy.

https://www.skysports.com/cycling/news/12040/9591619/tour-de-france-brought-big-numbers-and-huge-revenue-to-uk-economy

Looks like Sheffield is missing out as a host venue on the Tour de Yorkshire as well. The full route will be announced in December.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-45747403

Along with four out of six cities in Yorkshire.

Edited by Longcol

Wonder where Gary Verity was born. Anyway they can stick this. Who wants all the roads shutting for a few days so cyclists can bomb through our city. Everyone would be moaning about that so we're better off leaving it to its Leeds lovefest and moving onto something worthwhile.

Wonder where Gary Verity was born. Anyway they can stick this. Who wants all the roads shutting for a few days so cyclists can bomb through our city. Everyone would be moaning about that so we're better off leaving it to its Leeds lovefest and moving onto something worthwhile.

Bang on what with the students and United at home on a Saturday keep all events up in Leeds and the rest of Yorkshire why should we be involved:loopy:

Bang on what with the students and United at home on a Saturday keep all events up in Leeds and the rest of Yorkshire why should we be involved:loopy:

We're as involved as other Yorkshire cities like Hull, Bradford, Wakefield and York.

Less cyclists the better they are like wasp's no body but cyclists want them.

Queue argumentative cyclists.:rant:

Looks like Sheffield is missing out as a host venue on the Tour de Yorkshire as well. The full route will be announced in December.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-45747403

But includes Barnsley and Doncaster, so the organisers want a South Yorkshire stage (or two) but Sheffield council aren't prepared to put up with the disruption in the city centre or pay the expense of having them here. Well I'm sure I'll find my way to Doncaster or Barnsley during the Tour de Yorkshire shame our council are such stick in the muds.

he has more in common with Trumpet than he realises :D

Such as?

i am grateful that it will not be coming here with the resulting road closures and disruption

So you're as much a part of the problem as the council are.

How much will it cost? And what will I get out of it!

It's not about you.

Me and many others it seems.

Less cyclists the better they are like wasp's no body but cyclists want them.

Queue argumentative cyclists.:rant:

I have no idea why so many people seem so angry at cyclists. I drive and very rarely cycle but I'd be much happier if everyone else cycled and no one else drove a vehicle.