Mass brawl at Sheffield School

Religion is responsible for most of the Worlds riots ,wars and other major problems .

can't recall the war against Iraq being anything to do with religion, i believe it was something to do with 'weapons of mass destruction'.

majority of major world religions , if practiced as they should be according to their correct and original texts promote peace.

btw, i dont know why one of my earlier posts was removed , as it was nothing offensive or abusive, just general comments and my thoughts about the issue.

It's a ridiculous comment; English as a second language means they speak English in addition to their mother tongue.

Secondly, 'dialogue isn't possible even if they wanted it to be' is utter nonsense.

Your comments appear to suggest that it's impossible for schools with a large BME population to have close, productive and respectful relationships between students, which is self evidently not true.

The issue isn't the fact that the school serves a diverse community - it's the fact that it's poorly managed and run.

---------- Post added 28-09-2018 at 07:24 ----------

Simply untrue.

Totally untrue, the school fared well in Ofsted reports, its gangs of rival ethnic minority that are the problem.

What a load of unsubstantiated bilge. Full of generalisations and sweeping comments based on what? Your first hand experience in that school?Or second hand by "someone" who was in the food hall!

If you have children who can't say hello in English how can they have a discussion to rectify a disagreement ?

You can argue the toss as much as you want- you weren't there(neither was i) but i do know extremely well a teacher in the food hall.

---------- Post added 28-09-2018 at 08:56 ----------

It's a ridiculous comment; English as a second language means they speak English in addition to their mother tongue.

Secondly, 'dialogue isn't possible even if they wanted it to be' is utter nonsense.

Your comments appear to suggest that it's impossible for schools with a large BME population to have close, productive and respectful relationships between students, which is self evidently not true.

The issue isn't the fact that the school serves a diverse community - it's the fact that it's poorly managed and run.

---------- Post added 28-09-2018 at 07:24 ----------

Simply untrue.

Whats those things hang between mens legs? You really have no idea what you're talking about.

I've suggested nothing about anywhere else but this school - you've generalised about other institutions not me,and you're wrong to do so.

If you have Romanys and the school is full of them who cannot speak English,but are being taught it as a second language, arguing with another faction who can't speak Romany - figure out what happens next.

But hey you lot believe what you want,the truth is out there you just won't accept it.

Edited by willman

If you have children who can't say hello in English how can they have a discussion to rectify a disagreement ?

You can argue the toss as much as you want- you weren't there(neither was i) but i do know extremely well a teacher in the food hall.

---------- Post added 28-09-2018 at 08:56 ----------

Whats those things hang between mens legs? You really have no idea what you're talking about.

I've suggested nothing about anywhere else but this school - you've generalised and you're wrong to do so.

If you have Romanys and the school is full of them who cannot speak English,but are being taught it as a second language, arguing with another faction who can't speak Romany - figure out what happens next.

You're displaying your ignorance here. For a start, the first language of the Roma people in Sheffield is Slovakian, not Romany. Second, my kids go to a school with lots of Roma kids, plus a right bag of mashings. The kids can talk to each other perfectly well and the school has a great atmosphere and is a safe environment. I'm not pretending that the Slovakian Roma kids don't arrive with some behavioural problems from their ghettoisation and educational apartheid in Slovakia, but they can and do learn and change. The idea that children can't speak to each other is risible.

You're displaying your ignorance here. For a start, the first language of the Roma people in Sheffield is Slovakian, not Romany. Second, my kids go to a school with lots of Roma kids, plus a right bag of mashings. The kids can talk to each other perfectly well and the school has a great atmosphere and is a safe environment. I'm not pretending that the Slovakian Roma kids don't arrive with some behavioural problems from their ghettoisation and educational apartheid in Slovakia, but they can and do learn and change. The idea that children can't speak to each other is risible.

Nope i'm displaying my knowledge of this faction in THIS school - not my knowledge of languages or geography.

In this school there is a massive desire to learn amongst many of the pupls, 100's of them get on extremely well just as you've said,they even attend extra Saturday morning lessons BUT not everyone wants too and not the ones having the issues.

Religion is responsible for most of the Worlds riots ,wars and other major problems .

No, men in power are.

Religion is their excuse.

---------- Post added 28-09-2018 at 09:23 ----------

Shocking footage shows mass brawl erupt in a school canteen ‘after pupil ripped off girl’s headscarf’ - causing a riot involving 100 pupils

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6215949/Shocking-footage-shows-mass-brawl-erupt-school-canteen.html