Withdrawing consent?

The Family Planning Association recently conducted a survey to explore attitudes to sexual consent.

Very depressingly in my view 47% of those surveyed said they didn't think it was Ok for a person to withdraw consent if the other person was already naked.

I think it's something we urgently need to educate young people about.

What do you think?

If the role of consent does not appear in the foundations of every school's Sex and Relationships Education, then it should, and it should be compulsory. No opt outs for parents, it should be compulsory for all.

The Family Planning Association recently conducted a survey to explore attitudes to sexual consent.

Very depressingly in my view 47% of those surveyed said they didn't think it was Ok for a person to withdraw consent if the other person was already naked.

What do you think?

Do you have a link to this survey please?

Do you have a link to this survey please?

To a news report about it yeah, sure you could find the actual document with a bit of searching. Forgot to put it in the OP. https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/sexual-health-week-2018-sex-consent-attitudes-survey-fpa-a8552041.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1537803500

To a news report about it yeah, sure you could find the actual document with a bit of searching. Forgot to put it in the OP. https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/sexual-health-week-2018-sex-consent-attitudes-survey-fpa-a8552041.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1537803500

The contents of that survey are disturbing... that anyone thinks there are any circumstances where you could not withdraw consent means that somewhere, be it teachers parents or whomever we are failing a lot of young people.

Anyone old enough to take part in a Family Planning Association should know what amounts to rape. Our selfish society is one reason why young people behave badly.

You should always be able to withdraw consent, at any stage.

You should always be able to withdraw consent, at any stage.

Before whatever you may have originally consented to happens, yes.

Or during, I should add - just to be clear.

Edited by Robin-H

Before whatever you may have originally consented to happens, yes.

Or during, I should add - just to be clear.

Well, it would be a bit of tough luck if it was withdrawn after, wouldn't you think?;)

Young people (and others) may well get 'carried away' and then realise that they don't want the situation to go any further. Only a rapist would carry on without consent.

Guest makapaka

What do you think?

It’s wrong there should be no parameters on withdrawing consent - anything else is potentially advocating rape.