Traffic at Bramall Lane

There was loads of Traffic problems round the Bramall Lane yesterday,with the fans going to the Match and Students moving into the New Flats near the Ground,the Council should have thought about the Traffic problems before building the flats near the ground ,plus then in the near future the China village near the Round about it will be causing more traffic problems,so this might stop a lot of people going shopping into the Town Centre every time a game is on at Bramall Lane,something needs to be done to make sure the problems do not happen again but will it?

Sheffield 10K today as well - roads closed.

Have the students been advised to move into their accommodation yesterday maybe not accounting for SUFC being at home ?

The traffic chaos is far worse when SWFC is at home due to the bottleneck which is Hillsborough but is only for a couple of hours once a fortnight.

Edited by Daven

Have the students been advised to move into their accommodation yesterday maybe not accounting for SUFC being at home ?

The traffic chaos is far worse when SWFC is at home due to the bottleneck which is Hillsborough but is only for a couple of hours once a fortnight.

yeah, but that only affects Hillsborough once a fortnight :P

Bramall Lane’s traffic chaos affects the entire city centre. I think we should move the Bramlll Lane somewhere quieter, like Darnall.

Tthe Council should have thought about the Traffic problems before building the flats near the ground

You think the council built flats? :roll:

---------- Post added 23-09-2018 at 11:30 ----------

No, they've been advised to move in over the weekend since term (or freshers week) starts on Monday. Pretty much the only time they could move in really.

You think the council built flats? :roll:

t'council are damned if they do summat, and damned if they do nowt.

Took me 2hrs 20mins to get from parkway into (eventually!) st Mary's, absolutely crazy, got to game just as Utd scored their second. On leaving st Mary's still in grid lock , some of them would be lucky to find their digs by midnight, difficult to please everyone but surely could have been better organised

My observation, as a bus passenger travelling down London Road into (and out of) the city centre was that the major problem was drivers failing to leave junctions clear - I always thought that a basic rule of driving was that you didn't block them, but my impression was that, especially if you drove a large vehicle, that bit of common sense didn't apply to you.:confused:

My observation, as a bus passenger travelling down London Road into (and out of) the city centre was that the major problem was drivers failing to leave junctions clear - I always thought that a basic rule of driving was that you didn't block them, but my impression was that, especially if you drove a large vehicle, that bit of common sense didn't apply to you.:confused:

I noticed this on Friday lunchtime, I was stuck on Glossop Road inbound into the city centre, trying to cross Upper Hanover Street which was blocked by stupid drivers blocking the junction.

If you block this junction, you're an idiot and I hope the red light camera snapped you and a £60 fine is about to land on your doormat tomorrow, ha ha

If you are sensible and wait until a junction is clear to proceed you often get drivers behind you blowing the horn!

If you are sensible and wait until a junction is clear to proceed you often get drivers behind you blowing the horn!

it’s probably me blowing the horn :) which I do because I’m one of those stupid drivers I complain about and you’re best off ignoring me. I’ll live.

There was loads of Traffic problems round the Bramall Lane yesterday,with the fans going to the Match and Students moving into the New Flats near the Ground,the Council should have thought about the Traffic problems before building the flats near the ground ,plus then in the near future the China village near the Round about it will be causing more traffic problems,so this might stop a lot of people going shopping into the Town Centre every time a game is on at Bramall Lane,something needs to be done to make sure the problems do not happen again but will it?

No wonder United's gates are up they are getting a renta crowd with 10,000 students on their door step.

As you are in the right, it's probably a good idea to ignore them - like you, they're stuck in a traffic jam, probably caused by someone blocking a junction further forward.