Incident at Sheffield Station?

I'd be all for the beating Angelus with a stick approach.

But the fact is it's not necessary as at the moment there's nothing to suggest that the person jumped and anecotal reports seem to indicate a fall or push.

Maybe you should just beat yourself with the stick angelus, until we're actually needed to join in.

I'd be all for the beating Angelus with a stick approach.

But the fact is it's not necessary as at the moment there's nothing to suggest that the person jumped and anecotal reports seem to indicate a fall or push.

Maybe you should just beat yourself with the stick angelus, until we're actually needed to join in.

Does it say anywhere that the bloke fell or was pushed- maybe in a newspaper article or something of that kind.

Or are we just speculating again on rumours?

I'll hold off birching myself until someone can prove a) the bloke was mentally ill and b) he was pushed or fell mysteriously on the tracks and could not get off them

The fact of the matter I think- a) the bloke jumped onto the tracks- if he had not, why do I not hear anything about him trying to get off the tracks?

If I had fell or been pushed onto train tracks- I would be the next speedy gonzales.

So- initial thoughs, the guy jumped himself- until someone can prove otherwise.

The depression thing as well:

Yep I had reached a point in life where I could not get any lower- I was in a state financially, my ex had disappeared with my 6 month old child and said I was not going to see her again (no apparent reason- by the way) and I've not seen my child since my ex dissapeared without a trace, and I was single again after 8 years of bliss... so, I was in dire straights debt wise thanks to my ex- I was told in no uncertain terms that I had been used for a kid, my name is not down on my daughters birth certificate also thanks to my ex.

I think I know what hitting the bottom feels like peeps and I do know what it feels like to feel so low, and used that you come to the point where you think that life is not worth living.

I had come to the point where I thought about ending it all- and at one point I thought about slitting my wrists- so I was on the verge.

The difference between myself and selfish idiots- I sat there, knife in hand- and I thought to myself 'why should I do this- what will I be gaining from being dead?'

And that snapped me out of it dear friends.

Now here I sit in my beautiful home, with my soulmate of nearly 7 years- financially secure now of my own doing, nice job- and I work with the best bunch of lads I have ever come across.

So I do know what its like to be that close- its not nice :)

it's speculation based on the post of the near eye witness who made the OP and thought that the person had been pushed or had fallen.

Your problems with suicide and what it means are your own, you probably don't need to air them everytime someone takes their own life.

it's speculation based on the post of the near eye witness who made the OP and thought that the person had been pushed or had fallen.

Your problems with suicide and what it means are your own, you probably don't need to air them everytime someone takes their own life.

So we dont have concrete proof then- its just word of mouth.

The problems I have with suicide have been well documented on here- and I think that I myself am in the minority group that can stand up and look at suicide with scorn, I think I actually deserve that right.

If I want to air my thoughts on suicide then there is nothing to stop me quite frankly- however I'm not going to sit back and say to people- 'Oh what a shame- another person has been stupid enough to take their own life again'

because I just wont- especially when it involves the public having to bear witness to someone's final act of idiocy.

If they have to involve the public in what they are doing- then its fair game for me to comment I think you have to agree.

If people dont like it- I'm very sorry you dont agree on my viewpoint- but thats life and there are many other fine threads on this forum in which to agree on :thumbsup:

The depression thing as well:

Yep I had reached a point in life where I could not get any lower.....

I think I know what hitting the bottom feels like peeps and I do know what it feels like to feel so low, and used that you come to the point where you think that life is not worth living.

I had come to the point where I thought about ending it all- and at one point I thought about slitting my wrists- so I was on the verge.

The difference between myself and selfish idiots- I sat there, knife in hand- and I thought to myself 'why should I do this- what will I be gaining from being dead?'

And that snapped me out of it dear friends.

Now here I sit in my beautiful home, with my soulmate of nearly 7 years- financially secure now of my own doing, nice job- and I work with the best bunch of lads I have ever come across.

So I do know what its like to be that close- its not nice :)

No ANGELUS, you had reached your rock bottom.

Sadly, there are people, usually suffering from severe depression, who go lower than you went. They don't just sit with a knife in their hand, as you did, and think about ending it all. They actually do harm themselves. By cutting themselves, by hanging themselves, by taking a life-threatening overdose, or by jumping (usually from a bridge or in front of a train).

Some survive with their bodies physically mangled for life. Some survive with brain damage. Some do not survive.

I have interviewed and assessed many survivors of suicide. Their mental anguish and pain is tangible. They have lost all practical concept of familial love and friendship, and see themselves as a burden. A burden on their loved ones, their family, and on society. They feel worthless.

Others, suffering with psychotic illnesses, are burdened with voices which urge them to harm themselves, or are so frightened of their bizarre thoughts that they seek to escape from their world of mental torment by taking their own lives.

None are selfish ANGELUS. Far from it. The jumpers hold a false belief that their departure from this world will leave those behind with a better life. We may decry their method of killing themselves, but not every suicidal person has access to a gun, or other means of ensuring a quick exit from this life. That's why jumpers are attracted to bridges, and trains.