Incident at Sheffield Station?

Drove pass the station about 30mins ago and there were a number of emergency vehicles (including one marked "decontamination unit"). Anyone know what's going on?

sounds dodgy!! maybe a chemical spillage?

Maybe they were meant to be in London? ;)

Someone fell/was pushed/jumped in front of the 17:23 Virgin train on platform 6 as it pulled in the station.

Typically I was sitting directly across from where it happened but didn't see what happened. I saw the train stop suddenly then noticed a member of the station staff run across then noticed the guy lying under the train. It took them ages before anyone actually went to go under the train then the driver came and had a look then finally a paramedic turned up.

He was moving and I couldn't see any blood or anything so he might just have been stuck but have no idea as our train pulled out of the station.

ahhh that explains the standing train then...

i nearly got that one too...

He was moving and I couldn't see any blood or anything so he might just have been stuck but have no idea as our train pulled out of the station.

According to the National Rail website they were hit.

Time Reported: 17:55

Description: Train services at Sheffield are being disrupted due to a person having been hit by a train.

Time reported cleared: 18:35

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_bulletins/cleared.html

Well he was either pushed/fell or jumped as a train can't hit someone on the platform.

so is the person ok?

I would very much doubt it ...

add him to the never ending list of the people who throw themselfs under the trains in the stations, maybe they might realise that a train either leaving the station or coming in to it wont be going very fast, if they want to kill themselfs then do it further up the line when the trains are travelling fast that way know body in the station will throw up when they see the person under the train, because there wont be much left of him. I have seen countless people go under the trains in midland station and none of them have been killed been badly damaged but they have lived. I shall now wait for the comments on what I will get for putting all that down but am I bothered NO.

Bloody Hell, I was on that train!! :(

I'd just been to York for the day with my kids. The train pulled into the station and stopped really suddenly. The doors didn't open for ages and we were all stuck in there getting fed up. I didn't notice any commotion on the platform when we got off (thank goodness) but saw a paramedic driving very fast passed the taxi rank outside.

I hope they are ok, but seems unlikely. God what an end to such a lovely day. :confused:

I read in the paper over the weekend that the man is ok!! He fell/was pushed on to the track, the train driver saw him and stopped the train in time to avoid doing him any serious damage. At last - a happy ending. :)