Knife attacks in Sheffield 2018

That's impossible to say over one weekend.

There may not be another stabbing for six months.[/quote

Reports are saying there has been another incident outside McCols on Worksop road Aston ,it's currently taped off

1920 gang war people were stabbing shooting fighting.

Drugs had nothing to do with it.

Stabbings happened before multiculturalism?! Wonder who our ancestors blamed back then?

it's not a deterrent though

generally, you dont commot a crime expecting to be caught

But it has a 100% success rate in stopping the offender re-offending.

I'm trying to work out how it would be a contributing factor in this particular case? Would they have nicked these n'er do wells over some other trivial matter? Would they have stopped and searched them on their way there? Would there be a police presence at centertainment prior to say, 2008?

I'm not saying more police aren't helpful but I'm not sure in this case? You're right about poverty of course but that's been around prior to cuts.

By the time the stabbing happened its obviously too late.

If there had been a visible police around for these kids for their entire lives though, offering some sort of visible law and order, who knows? Maybe they wouldn't have ended up living in a climate & society where violence is acceptable.

Its all ifs and maybes and there are no easy solutions.

Rest in peace Fahim Hersi.

But it has a 100% success rate in stopping the offender re-offending.

Funnily enough in terms of youth offending there is a body of evidence to suggests doing nothing is the best way to prevent re-offending. Would you be happy with that approach?

Stabbings happened before multiculturalism?! Wonder who our ancestors blamed back then?

I dont know but have developed some interest about reading little more on what makes this stabbing culture develop in sheffield.

Past and present social behaviour are more related than we often realise and I will go to library to get that book today called the sheffield gangs and see if I like reading it.

Personally have little interest in gangs or what they do but it could point at the social reasons and psychological aspects that makes them turn to gang life, is it the social structure that does it? I suspect it is, but will not believe these suspicions like few other people here. And first look into the history of this gang behaviour in sheffield. I have done this before and many new modern social cultural changes are often rooted in local history repetition of old habits.

Thing is even if I know more about it its not going to change a thing.

Scary times we are living in where many youths carry knives everyday.

People argue many reasons behind the levels of violence we are seeing on the streets these days but in my opinion I think there are a number of reasons and not just one.

Education is just not attractive anymore, too much debt at the end and still not much luck finding a job as you have no experience or if you do get a job you are starting at the bottom. Alternative for the youngsters looking up to their 'local badboys' covered in designer clothing, expensive watches and sports cars is making a fast buck and living 'the life' that is sadly glamorised by many rappers hence resorting to drug dealing and other criminal activity and making a lot of money at a very young age.

There has to be more money available for community projects run by people that are in contact with the 'streets' and not people that have absolutely no clue about the reality of what is going on.

I have seen many people debate about certain types of rap music. I know drill music was talked about a lot recently but I listen to this music and a lot of it does promote violence and drugs etc. This is dangerous for kids with a malleable mind.

Someone has mentioned parents taking more responsibility and in some cases they should be doing but trust me I have seen many cases where parents have done everything they can but the children just simply go out and do as they please. Many of the kids getting convicted for drugs and violence are actually from law abiding and respectable families.

I think this is something that is going to get a lot worse before it gets better but all we can do is just keep trying starting close to home and try to educate kids to do better in life and not feel the need to carry weapons.

Is Sheffield being targeted as a county line?

Is it gangs coming to Sheffield or have we that many gangs of our own?

(I mean in general not this particular lad)

Is Sheffield being targeted as a county line?

Is it gangs coming to Sheffield or have we that many gangs of our own?

(I mean in general not this particular lad)

Maybe but I dont think we will know. The people affected are from Sheffield. The people arrested are from Sheffield. So I think this spate is Sheffield based.

As for the county line issue. If people were stabbed related to this they wouldnt go to the police and press charges. It would go unreported.

Guest makapaka
Scary times we are living in where many youths carry knives everyday.

People argue many reasons behind the levels of violence we are seeing on the streets these days but in my opinion I think there are a number of reasons and not just one.

Education is just not attractive anymore, too much debt at the end and still not much luck finding a job as you have no experience or if you do get a job you are starting at the bottom. Alternative for the youngsters looking up to their 'local badboys' covered in designer clothing, expensive watches and sports cars is making a fast buck and living 'the life' that is sadly glamorised by many rappers hence resorting to drug dealing and other criminal activity and making a lot of money at a very young age.

There has to be more money available for community projects run by people that are in contact with the 'streets' and not people that have absolutely no clue about the reality of what is going on.

I have seen many people debate about certain types of rap music. I know drill music was talked about a lot recently but I listen to this music and a lot of it does promote violence and drugs etc. This is dangerous for kids with a malleable mind.

Someone has mentioned parents taking more responsibility and in some cases they should be doing but trust me I have seen many cases where parents have done everything they can but the children just simply go out and do as they please. Many of the kids getting convicted for drugs and violence are actually from law abiding and respectable families.

I think this is something that is going to get a lot worse before it gets better but all we can do is just keep trying starting close to home and try to educate kids to do better in life and not feel the need to carry weapons.

There aren’t enough worthwhile jobs - we closed all our industry - there’s nothing for a lot of these kids.

There aren’t enough worthwhile jobs - we closed all our industry - there’s nothing for a lot of these kids.

:loopy: and the more you tell them that, then no wonder they feel disenfranchised. There's plenty of opportunities out there ......... but the little tykes might have to to put some effort in to attain these positions .... God forbid !!