What is Eckington like?

Guest bostonaire

eckington is very nice...theres a barrat estate thats nice too if youre looking to buy ..

Eckington is fine it is on the edge of the country and you can get a reasonale property there without being ripped off, Renishaw is near by thats good too.

p.s I never saw a black person there either?not that that matters, just a strange out of order thing to say?

My mother inlaw lives there any loves it.

Originally posted by DaBouncer

You're right that is Sothall, but I can honestly say hand on heart that I've never seen/heard or read about any car crime or other in or around Sothall in the time I've lived here (2 yrs) or the time my friends have lived here (about 6 yrs).

However I'm not saying it's never happened, but I'd go as far as to say IMHO out of ALL the areas you mentioned Sothall is BY FAR the best put of all.

Voted Top 3 in the Country as the best place to live so it can't be bad at all!

He loved it so much he left and went elsewhere :o

Originally posted by Lindseyw

The area is not too bad - but the secondary school is AWFUL - thugs, theives & troublemakers.

hey i went to school in Eckington... and its true, the school has gone downhill in the past decade.

when i was looking on google for my schools internet site i cmae across a archive for this site saying the school was shocking.i have just finished at that school and i have to agree with you and about the point you made of racism in Eckington. i live in Eckington and nearly everyone i speak to calls asians pakis and says horrible things about them that is why Eckigton is mainly white.also gorups of youths are a growing porblem due to 1 major gang of about 40 lads.mayby the people who think Eckington is i good place to live need to get out in it a bit more.

Mod: Threads merged. Please search before starting a new topic.

Eckington is a nice area, we lived there for 20 years and raised our children there. Moved away a couple of years ago. No complaints about schools or local facilities. I couldnt believe when I read some of the posts about it on here. Its not possible it has declined so rapidly. I know other people who still live there and have done so for longer than us and they do not report any deterioration.

People actually come from out of the area to go to Eckington School.

I have lived in Eckington all my life- well since the age of 7 anyway and have never had any problems at all. When I married we moved to Sothall for 7 years then returned to Eckington as it's near the countryside and woods etc but not too far from Sheffield which is where me & my husband work. We like it there and although every area has problems they don't seem to be any worse than in Sothall. You will always get groups of youths hanging around every bus station- it's just how it is these days....

Originally posted by nichelover

You could do much worse in the surrounding area like moving to westfield where the main colour dominating the area is black- but dont get me wrong im not being racist its just that westfield has a much higher crime rate and illiteracy statistics

utter tosh!

ive lived there 3 years and not even seen 1 black person! (and what a strange comment that was in the first place) and if you want stats...the crime rate has dropped significantly in the last few years

(since i donned my cape and spandex ;) )

I went to Eckington School. Did anyone on here leave in 95/96?

Plus i think Eckington is a good place to live about the same as all the surrounding areas etc